Thread: Dodge Driver Racks up Millions and CEO comes a'callin'

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Dodge Driver Racks up Millions and CEO comes a'callin'

When Robert Swan’s wife decided to let DaimlerChrysler know that her husband had just driven his millionth mile in his 1995 Dodge Ram 3500 truck, it caught the attention of Chrysler Group President and CEO Tom LaSorda. On Thursday, LaSorda made his first trip since becoming CEO in September to the Chrysler Group customer call center in Auburn Hills, Mich., not too far from our world headquarters, reports DCX’s corporate weblog. “Anytime the CEO comes, it’s a big event,” said Maggie Gentry, a customer service representative at the center for more than 20 years. With Maggie’s assistance LaSorda decided to ring up Mr. Swan and speak personally with this very satisfied customer. “He was very nice,” Swan told us in a telephone interview from his Arlington, Va. home. “I told him I like Chrysler products. It was a kick that he would talk to somebody from the street.”

Maggie Gentry said LaSorda jokingly advised Swan that maybe it’s time to buy a new vehicle.

He also inscribed the book “Forward: The American Heritage of DaimlerChrysler” with the words, “Please enjoy this great book on the history of our company. Tom LaSorda, CEO.”

Swan uses the diesel-powered truck in his work transporting recreational vehicles from the factory to the dealer. He tells us the “rear end was never touched and the rear brakes have never been changed.” Swan says he’s only had to replace the pads on the front brakes “three or four times.”

That was great news to LaSorda.

“He told me, if I don’t perform, I’m out the window,” Swan said LaSorda told him.

“He was very friendly.”
    Left Lane News

A million miles... amazing... Dodge Ram trucks are tough but I am sure that guy followed the maintenance to a T.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    would not happen with a gas powered Dodge....or any other make....except maybe NISSAN....lol
    Last edited by PIPER; April 3rd, 2006 at 09:29 AM.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I sold my Stratus to my sister. Great car, never had a problem even thoought I ram a street divisor, jump out of a 3 foot ramp, and I had to SLAM my brakes in about 50 ft (when coming a 95) to avoid a crazy and stupid person that suddenly decided he needed to stop in the service area. I think I had more chances of totalling that car that any other car. Still, only think I ever did to that car was oil change. My sister in months already had to change axle, 2 rims, 4 tires (they were new when I gave her the car) brakes twice, the rotors (had 80% life when I sold her the car too). She did aligment to the car 4 times, and she had 2 oil leaks. So, if a car passes the million with she driving it, that would be a REAL miracle
    PS: my brother last week blow the engine because he never put oil into it. And for the record, in my family every single car, except for my grandmother had to go to the mechanic for critical or important repairs, or to the bodyshop in just the last 3 months. This is a total of 7 cars
    Thought my car was in the body shop because a neighbour backed into it, and pretty much rip the nose and front quarter panel from the car. Imagine the shock of going to work, and finding your car in the parking lot, not only on pieces, but even in a different parking spot

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Dehc,
    Sounds like my family.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Dodge Trucks... the number 4 truck in the US.

There's a reason....

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig