Thread: Limited or no connectivity!!!!!!!!!!!

Limited or no connectivity!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello im pulling my hair out at this one so lets see if someone can help me. I have a netgear dg834gt wireless router using aol to net and im trying to get my new laptop to connect to the network. It has a broadcom 802.11b/g wlan network card. It can see my network but cant receive data. Its the same for my pc. i have zonealarm internet security suite. Any ideas would be very grateful. Thank you.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    turn off zonealarm first then see if you can connect to the network. are you using any encryption. might need to supply the WEP key when connecting. also try to turn off router then back on.

Re No Connnectivity

I've tried turning off zonealrm but to no avail and turning off my router im wondering if its a software issue?

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    I tend to agree with phish....sounds like a firewall issue/software...is this a new setup?

Re Setup

ive had the router for about five or six months but i just cant understand why its not working. Ive tried other laptops before to get connected and they dont get oicked up either they find a network but get limited or no connectivity. I installed xp service pack 2 and downloaded the fix patch for it and im just at a total loss on what to do. I dunno whether or not to input a made up ip address on both machines or just go to automatic ip. Can someone please help otherwise im gonna spend fifty quid on getting a netgear network card for the laptop. i have a netgear dg834gt wireless router for my pc with aol and a laptop with a broadcom 802.11b/g wlan card.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    in the router config page do you have dhcp turned on so it will assign your workstations IP's. I would recommend just starting from scratch. first verify that you can connect plugging right into the modem then go from there. reset the router to factory settings(usually a little hole you just stick a paperclip in) and just reinstall all the hardware. have you verified that your cables are good. got any extras you can try.