Thread: Unexpected Keyboard Behavior and an unfamiliar keyboard symbol

Unexpected Keyboard Behavior and an unfamiliar keyboard symbol

Posted here because I don't know if this is a software or hardware problem.

I just changed to this keyboard which reads on the box "ACPI Fuinction Built In and Perfected for Using With Windows 98." I've had it for years and never needed it before. I connected it when my previous keyboard got balky.

OK. The 5 and % key works fine here as you can see. I can also type both the 5 and the % sign if I am in Word. But today when I was at a Eudora online forum I tried to type the % sign and what appeared were the 2 numbers: 96.

Is this perhaps because the site was using the EBCDIC characters and I'm using ASCII do yuou think. Or what? (I don't know which my XP is using.)

I am also wondering what the 3rd. symbol on the 5 and % key is or is for. I can't copy it or cause it to print easily but I will describe it: it is a capital letter C and it has what I will describe as a long equals (=) sign bisecting the C horizontally. What is this symbol? I've never seen it on another keyboard. And how would one use it?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wumply
    I am also wondering what the 3rd. symbol on the 5 and % key is or is for. I can't copy it or cause it to print easily but I will describe it: it is a capital letter C and it has what I will describe as a long equals (=) sign bisecting the C horizontally. What is this symbol? I've never seen it on another keyboard. And how would one use it?
    Its the Euro currency symbol " € "

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========