I have a laptop with no OS on it, and an external USB CD-rom drive. I need the cd drive to install windows, but my laptop will only recognize the USB floppy drive, so I need a dos driver on a boot disk so my laptop can install the drivers from the floppy, recognize the cd drive and install Windows. Any ideas on how to do this?

I tried copying those files(NTLDR and NTDETECT) from the I386 folder in the Windows CD, but it didn't work, it couldn't read the disk. I've tried other disks, and I've tried some dos drivers, but none of them work. I found one and had an installation going in DOS mode for the driver, but when it asked for a destination on the hard drive to store the files, it said it could not locate or create the destination specified. So is it not recognizing the hard drive?

I also tried downloading the exec file from microsoft that makes a series of 6 boot disks that are supposed to get it done, but I downloaded it, and the program doesn't even work to make the discs.

It's a Fujitsu touchscreen lifebook, and a Memorex 52x cdrw drive.

The laptop was manufactured with the floppy which is recognized, but the ex usb cdrom is a drive I bought later, and therefore is not recognized in BIOS.