Thread: SketchUp

SketchUp

New from Google. This is a fun and useful program.

http://sketchup.google.com/thankyou_win.html
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Hi EFC!
    I'm always interested in Programs like this. I've got a small browser block which I can get around if I decide to download this. How big is it? Is it limited to buildings? I'm waiting on some information from the author of a program that I have and may need your help reducing the size of a debian-based or perhaps the redhat-based Linux OS. The last Debian OS I looked at came on 13 CD's,.. that's about 9 Gigs. Way,. way too big for me. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

SketchUp is 19.5 MB. It can be used to make all kinds of 3d models.

Examples

XandrOS is Debian based and it comes on one CD. It is my favorite distro.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Thanks for the info. I think I can use this program. I'm just preplanning my other project. It looks like I have to get a Linux OS (Xandros looks good). I need Kermit and the Emulator program plus some room to work. I have one Emulator up and running (Thanks To Big Booger!). But this other arrangement better matches my Hand-held Programmable HP-48SX. The PC(Emulator) will be able to 'talk' to my Hand-held calculator via wire or IR. I hope to get the whole thing working in a 4Gig package. Like Linux, Kermit (which used to be a free, small, reliable file transfer program) has grown into a small monster. It even changes the oil in your car and checks to see if you're wearing clean underwear. and now costs $70. I'll keep you posted as I get more Info. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    thanks for the link efc...will check this baby out when I have a few minutes...

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Cool. You can even download the 3D images into your existing Google Earth program!