Thread: I cannot access a particular Iceland Air page.

Cannotr access price info at Iceland Air with FF or MSIE

I should note that prior to a week ago I had no problem getting cost information with my computer.

The following has been the situation for a week now. I am using XP and my default browser is the latest Firefox update.

But I have the same experience when I use MSIE.

I contacted Iceland Air via email (lucky@icelandair.is) since a link said they offered internet support); they suggested that I should try a return date of October 30, as they did not fly out of Frankfurt, Germany on Oct.31. But that didn't make any difference.

Here is what I have repeatedly tried and results.

I go www.icelandair.com
    I click the "Other cities" tab or button
    I enter Boston in the "From' box and Frankfurt in the "To" box.
    I enter Oct. 17 as the "Go" date
    I enter Oct. 31 as the "Return" date
    I arrange for Round Trip, 1 adult, no children, no infants, Economy fare
    I click "Search" box

IS THE FOLLOWING PERHAPS THE CRUX OF THE MATTER? At this point the screen that appears has a 2" x 2" empty box with one of those little symbols (square circle, triangle) in the upper left corner that indicate Ielieve whatever should be in the box is not available.

That page is quickly replaced with one that asks me to select a specific airport.
    I bullet the "Frankfurt International" radio button.
    I click "Continue"
    I get a blank white page with a long address filling the entire address bar.
    I click the back button and go back 1 page.
    I click the back button again and go back 1 more page only to get a
    warning box about data coming from POSTDATA. Immediately, WITHOUT FURTHER INPUT on my part, I am returned to the page where I bulleted the "Frankfurt International" radio button.

Also another Firefox user followed my path precisely using Firefox and MSIE and saw identical results. THAT is really weird. I called Iceland Air (in the USA) and the customer service representative told me she had no problem using MSIE, either at work or at home she told me.

But after this a friend used his computer and a different browser (Slim Browser) and he got the same results I did.

I've tried this several times over a full week with the same result.

I deleted my history and my cookies in Firefox and in MSIE but those steps changed nothing.
    Last edited by wumply; April 20th, 2006 at 20:00 PM.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I get exactly the same as you and I'm using Slim Browser

Looks like an issue with the site.

Thanks, Rik. I''ll send an email to Iceland Air in Iceland, not the USA. The customer service rep said that was where computer program staff were to be found. And then I will hope they do more than say they don't leave Frankdurt on Oct. 31; try Oct. 30. I will also tell them 3 different people with 3 different browsers have had the same problem. I'l post any positive results here.

I cannot access a particular Iceland Air page.

Do anyone have any idea as to what the following problem is? I was trying to get a price on a flight. I get the same exact results using FF or MSIE. Could some of try going to www.icelandair.com and following my path, using both Firefox and MSIE or some other browser if that's what you use? Do your experiences match mine?

Note: 4 weeks ago I had no problem. The next day and ever since I have had the problem. I wrote Iceland Air; they never answered. I called their customer service rep who found a price for me, using MSIE on her computer at work; she also said she had had no problem at home. Interestingly, a guy who responded to my post at the Firefox Forum, using both MSIE and FF, had the same results I am having.

So please go to www.icelandair.com. Click the "Other Cities" button. Enter Boston in the origin box and Frankfurt in the destination box. Select 1 adult and Economy and Round Trip. For the Depart date: Oct. 16, 2006. For Return date: Oct. 30, 2006. Click the Search button. I now get a blank page with a 2"x2" rectangle in the center. The rectangle has one of those little "circle, triangle, square" icons in the upper left corner. I either click "continue" or I get taken to the next page automatically. The "next page" gives me 3 bulletable buttons to choose from. Select the "Frankfurt International" one. When I do this and get to the next page, it is blank, blank, blank and there I sit until I give up waiting.

If you're unsuccessful, what do you think is causing the problem? Big Booger tried with MSIE and FF and could not get a price either. He suspects it was a Javascript problem.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    De ja vu...Haven't we done this before?

Maybe someone did, rik. If so, do you recall the post?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Wumply, I just tried it on my wife's PC as well as on mine as I stated in the PM. It didn't work on her computer as well.

So, Rik, I asked Wumply to post this here to see if anyone can visit the site. He asked me and I could visit the site, and get all the way to this link:

https://wftc2-icelandair.e-travel.co...40!-2147152422

There it dies like an impaled victim of some 13th century ruler.

So it would be nice if some of you can try what wumply suggests and see if it is indeed a problem with the website, or is it just the 3 people that have tried have some limitations?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wumply
    Maybe someone did, rik. If so, do you recall the post?
    Here http://www.techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18578

I tried it and I get impaled the 13th century ruler.

rik, BB. I just checked the link in FastGame's post. I'm really embarrassed to admit this, but I'd forgotten I made that post. My apologies.

I have merged the threads.

Lucky Fares/Internet Help Desk

lucky@icelandair.is

1-800-223-5500
    ext 2 prompt 2

Try calling them again wumpster, and tell them that several users have had troubles with IE, Firefox, etc.. accessing that particular portion of their site.

Have you tried changing the dates and so on to see if it is just that particular date that is affected?

Bronze Member
    Enter FRA in the "To" box.....
    Last edited by Kane; May 5th, 2006 at 10:25 AM.

THAT DID IT, KANE!

FastGame, rik, BB..thanks!

I entered FRA in the TO box (9:20 AM, EDT Friday May 5,) and I got a page showing 5 flights leaving Boston with corresponding return flights from Frankfurt. (No prices at this point.) You could bullet any of the 10 flights. The first set listed was an Iceland Air flight; the remaining 4 sets were "Multiple Airlines".

The Leave and Return flights for Iceland Air were already bulleted. I clicked the Check Price button; that showed me a page with details on leave and arrive times (both ways), the route (all flights go via Reykjavik) and price.

I have never seen this page before. Previous to April 20 (the approximate date my problem began) I did get prices; there was, however, a very different arrangement. There was a little table with several leave/return dates close to and including the ones I specified going down the left side while several return dates ran across the top. Then, in the boxes where the rows and columns intersected, were the prices.

BB, I called Iceland Air and explained that FRA vs Frankfurt made the difference. The customer service agent said she would tell her supervisor. So it should get fixed. What a difference 6 little letters can make with a computer program!

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I think Kane is into crossword puzzles Good job