2x 512mb Crucial Ballistix in dual channel timings 2-2-2-6 1T
    Evga 7800GT
    160gb western digital ide
    120gb maxtor sata
    300gb maxtor sata
    off brand dvd burner
    off brand cd burner
    FSP Group (Fortron Source) 600W All-In-One Power Supply

hey guys its been a couple months since ive been on here but heres the scoop recently within the last month or so my pc has decided to act up on me quite a bit ive reformatted 3 times all on seperate hard drives to see if the hard drive was causeing the issue but i dont think it is...my problem is well my pc just decides to reboot whenever it feels like it...i could be either surfing the web, watching a movie, or installing a simple program and it will go to the blue screen blah blah windows had an error crap and then restart...it wont even let me play games without restarting and i dont think this is a graphics card issue...i just ran memtest on it and everything checks out fine i dont think its the psu because its fairly new maybe 3 months old or so...so that leaves me with the motherboard and the cpu right? if thats the case it think they both might still be under warranty they should be as should all of my other componants but anyway how do i go about finding out which one is faulty

*EDIT thats two times now ive tried to edit this thing only to have my pc go to the bsod and restart all i was trying to edit was saying that even simple things like trying to restart my pc or log off will make it bsod and restart
    Last edited by Nate89; May 7th, 2006 at 00:41 AM.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Go to My Computer> Properties> Advanced> Startup & Recovery (settings)> under system failure un-check the box "Automatically restart". Next time you BSOD it should list the offending error instead of rebooting.

Post the error.

Silver Member
    isnt this just dandy when i want my pc to restart it wont...no matter what i try now it just wont do it restarting logging off typing a post on here surfing the web with multiple pages open going into stand by the only thing i havent tried is playing a game but ill try that for tomorrow because im gonna put a movie on and see if that wont do the trick and ill let u know tomorrow what has happened only time will tell

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    One text string is visible in infected files:

"891221"

Systems infected with the Reboot virus may experience unexpected system reboots occurring when infected files are executed.

Files infected with the Reboot.715 virus have a file length increase of 715 bytes. The virus is located at the end of the file.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_1022.htm

maybe this will help you....not sure if it is your issue but could be...

Silver Member
    well wouldnt me doing reformats on 3 seperate hard drives fix that issue? o and heres what the BSOD tells me it finally did it again last night or this mornin i dont know because i wasnt here at the time

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software (i have none) Disable BIOS memory options caching or shadowing.

Technical Information
    Stop 0x0000000D1 (0X01805415, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0XF07B5748)

NVENTFD.sys-address F07B5748 base at F07B50000, Datestamp 421E79B6

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    St00pid question...Nvidia based video? If so update the driver.

Silver Member
    ive tried downloading the new driver off the site but every time i do it tells me that the one i downloaded is corrupt and i just tried to restart my computer maybe 5 mins ago and it gave me another BSOD only this one said

BAD_POOL_CALLER

Silver Member
    and once again another one while restarting saying

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

im in the process of installing norton so ill run a scan and see if i cant find any viruses

Silver Member
    after that if i dont have any luck ill uninstall it and instal avast which i never did like beep beep a virus has been deteced on your computer right in the middle of the night while trying to sleep and then half the time it wont even get rid of it

OK....so u got this system for xmas or built it yourself ?...when did it start doing this?...perhaps you can remember something specific you were doing around that time...If it was me in your shoes I would start out with simple things first...unplug the system, hit your power on button to release the flea power..go in and remove the battery from the motherboard...leave it out for a couple of minutes(this will dump the cmos/bios settings/anything resident in bios) then put it back in and boot to bios...hit your delete key during post and reset your cmos info...next question would be relative to power on beeps...are they normal?...what do you hear during post/start up...how many beeps....
    Last edited by PIPER; May 9th, 2006 at 09:21 AM.

Silver Member
    i built it myself because i dont trust buying things anymore what with hp dell and all that crap um it started maybe a month ago at the most the only thing i was doing back then was playing most wanted nothing unusual ive done the power cord trick checked all capacitors and everything nothing looks bulged or leaky but like rik said he thinks its the nvidia drivers i was able to update them this time and so far everything is working good i dont know if its fixed or just doesnt feel likea cting up or anything right now but if it does it again ill do the batery bios deal and all the beeps sound normal so we will see what comes of this ordeal

I also suspected video drivers but wasn't really sure....puters are sometimes hard to detect issues even if you are setting right there with them....hence the basic stuff first...I thought you had already tried the driver update without success...glad it seems to have corrected the issue on your system...usually the default driver that comes with the card gets the job done...my next suggestion would have been remove the video card in your control panel and try reseating/reinstalling the card...if it should happen again that might be a good place to start.

Silver Member
    ya it happend again last night and or this mornin whenever it felt like doin it and gave me the driver_iqrl thing or whatever so i might try that after clearing the cmos funny thing is i had the default drivers installed when i first was posting all this because the ones off the site wouldnt instal so i used the ones off the evga cd which is like 81.94 or something a ouple months old only but ill try the cmos and uninstall/reinstall when i get back from track or possibly lifting if i have enough time in between thanks for the help and ill continue to post the progress and hopefully i fix this stupid problem because its getting to be very tidious and annoying

Was just looking at your system specs again....just for giggles...try checking all your cables to those drives...I found mine loose once...drove me nuts for a couple of days....then, try going with just the IDE drive, leave the other drives out of the picture....Did you install the chipset drivers at time of the build?

I am usually up and on the puter earlier than the average bear...lol...so I can do a little brain storming if awake...lmao...if once you try the cable thingy....and you can stay connected long enough, u might give this a go....

http://www.pcmightymax.net/cgi-bin/v...tml?dllfix.net

not being certain if this is hardware vs. software at this point lets rule out possible issues one at a time..
    Last edited by PIPER; May 11th, 2006 at 09:41 AM.

Well Nate, what happened to you?.....ru lost in the BSOD.....