Thread: Too Many Program Running?? HELP PLEASE

Unhappy Too Many Program Running?? HELP PLEASE

Hi, I have an issue with my computer, and couldn't figure it out. Any help would be great!

MY COMPUTER
    I have a AMD 64 3200 running SLI 6800 on GIGABYTE NF4 board w/ 5 HD(total 1TB) and 2GB of DDR400 RAM, on XP PRO SP2. + all drivers current

My problem
    I have a lot of things running in the background, totalled at 60+ process included microsoft and other program/services (under task manager). However I am only using 1GB of ram at most of the time. IRC, bittorrent, dreamweaver, firefox, trillant IM, Skype, HD SMART monitor, Firewall, norton, ftp server, kazaa, spysweeper, DNS updater, VNC, VPN and maybe a few more I forgot to mention. Everytime after a few software (random programs) started (usually some desktop publishing or photo editing - guess is the ram or cpu usage - however also with other software), explorer, and other program won't respond correctly: such as no respond to right click or part of a menu is missing, video stop playing or won't start and also new program won't start. It would all work fine again if I turn of some opened program and try the same process.

I have check spyware, virus. No issue,
    I checked task Manager, CPU is not overload - sit on around 35%, ram is still around 1GB usage. (also use other software to confirmed this founding)
    I have checked my ram with memtest for 12+ hour, no issue
    I have checked all hard drive for issue, but nothing turned up
    In additional I have ran stress test on this system form more then 12 hour, and no issue
    It happen both with SLI or non-SLI

It is not pin-pointed to a any specify software, and it seems that xp is not letting the system to use the rest of the ram to open program

So I really don't know what is going on

I really needed help, please

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    I would start out with the basics, and go to start, run, and type in msconfig then hit enter....shut down all the software apps that you are not using...and that is probably most....you will be able to turn them on from your desktop as you need them....see if this helps your issues...then we can continue from that point.

I have done the msconfig then, and most of the thing I don't needed is off, however as more & more programs are begining open, it start to do that crap again

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    I need to research this a little more....my first search shows issues with xp pro not seeing all installed ram with some systems that are running 64 bit architecture so apparently your not the only one having issues with this...if you take a look at this link you will see what I am referring to....this guy questions his version of xp pro not being 64 bit...problem is these guys want you to subscribe to view their response...will keep looking.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hard..._21733435.html

Yes, I read this, but under the link, the reading is about xp not reading all the ram, however in my system property it read all the ram and cpu speed right, so I don't thing is that limitation.