Thread: The Massive Yet Tiny Engine Breakthrough

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Question The Massive Yet Tiny Engine Breakthrough

Next Generation Engine Technology

Imagine dumping the big V-8 in your SUV for a 25-pound, 2.4 liter engine that gives you 150 miles per gallon on biodiesel - with a boost in horsepower and torque to boot. Meet Raphial Morgado and the little engine that could... With up to 40 times the power to weight ratio of a conventional engine, flexible fuel compatibility, a displacement of 850 cubic inches and the torque of a 32-cylinder engine, the MYT is the beginning of a new paradigm for engines in the 21st century!

"The inspiration for the MYT Engine design came from the need to have an engine that can stand up to the tremendous abuse of drag racing. After literally blowing up more than my share of engines during racing, I swore to myself that I'd build something that met the required needs while providing higher-durability & reduced complexity in the process. Also, because this design was originally intended for the output demands of the drag-strip, I wanted a design that would give me the largest displacement, highest torque, and lightest weight available. The Massive Yet Tiny engine meets those needs, with 850 cubic inches of displacement, 32-pulses per cycle, and a 150 pound package measuring only 14" by 14" in diameter."

"By replacing an 800 pound V-8 engine with a 25 pound MYT and running it on biodiesel, we can achieve 150 miles per gallon in an otherwise conventional vehicle -- plus, you're going to have better take-off and stopping power by removing that 800 pound engine. That's what we can do. It is achievable." - Raphial Morgado
    http://www.americanantigravity.com/articles/541/1/

262kb PDF Interview

Why do we have all these great inventions and yet none of them are implemented to any extent mainstream? I can think of many reasons but I am curious to hear what other TZers think.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Big automakers,oil barons,and other political lobbyists that have a stake in the monopolistic status quo. This guy would find financial backing, not for the superior technology that could save consumers on their huge auto repair bills or to conserve global oil consumption,but to put an end to such an idea(bought out and forgotten).
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

If there was truly a technology that that was that revolutionary in transportation the big automakers, oil barons and political lobbyists not to mention all the VC's would be climbing all over each other to patent and produce a product that could in one turn make them incredibly rich(greed) and bankrupt their rivals(win at all costs). We are a capitalistic society and it makes me laugh to think big money/politics/business would give up an opportunity to grow and become even more powerful. There is no grand conspiracy or cover-up.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sydspirit
    If there was truly a technology that that was that revolutionary in transportation the big automakers, oil barons and political lobbyists not to mention all the VC's would be climbing all over each other to patent and produce a product that could in one turn make them incredibly rich(greed) and bankrupt their rivals(win at all costs). We are a capitalistic society and it makes me laugh to think big money/politics/business would give up an opportunity to grow and become even more powerful. There is no grand conspiracy or cover-up.

Here are some http://www.greencarcongress.com/engines/

http://www.econogreen.com/noframes/international.htm

http://www.inertialessdrive.co.nz/converter.htm

http://www.ferret.com.au/articles/f0/0c0054f0.asp

So why aren't they all climbing all over to get this technology into todays gas pigs?
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    ok, just viewed the footage from LA show... awesome engine!! i think it takes Radial engine technology from aerospace and uses it in cars! Man, i would definitely invest with this guy and make a car!

LOL, take the english bloke's car (lightest frame) and add the 25 pound MYT engine... dang, i'll drag race any one!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---