Thread: Read the following about the Philippines today

Belmont, NH

Read the following about the Philippines today

Conan. Outside of some 35 dying recently when a boat capsized, Phillipines hurricanes don't seem a big deal, judging by this bit from the BBC...

"About 20 typhoons hit the Philippines each year, half a dozen of which cross the country, mostly during the rainy season from mid-May until September."

Do you and your countrymen take them pretty much in stride?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    San Diego, Ca.
    well one of the times I went there was 15-20 ft surf from a hurricane

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Well in the City not much damage usually happens since we are pretty much inland. But the people living by the shores and near muddy places usually suffer a lot.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Watching Your every move...
    The prices we pay for living in a Tropical Paradise huh?

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Software Paradise
    Some friends went to Phuket earlier in the year, and there is still lots of devastion and rubble/mud etc from the massive tsunami that hit south asia!

It is the price we pay, but most times it is the very poor who get most affected when their 'home' gets washed away

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---