Thread: A few quotations

Belmont, NH

A few quotations

These appeal to me...perhaps it is not presumptive to feel others might enjoy them. Perhaps readers can add others.

Perhaps the years were beginning to take their inexorable toll.

I'm not afraid of death. I just don't like the hours. Woody Allen)

He hath oursoared the shadow of our night. The quote is from Shelley. It was written of John Gunther Jr. who died as a teenager from a vicious tumor after a hard fight, by his doctor.)

Life is easy only for those who set themselves an easy goal.

A toast to your coffin. May it be made of 100 year old oak. And may we plant the tree together tomorrow.

Life is like a taxi. The meter keeps running whether you are getting somewhere or standing still.

Pain is inevitable; misery is choice.

Life is a hard fight with a short stick.

We sacrifice our children on the altar of our insecurity and on our unawareness of what they need from us.

The best gifts parents can give their children are roots and wings.

The first years last forever.

The blades of grass cut me still.

We are the choices we have made (Bridges of Madison County)

Do not squander time for that is the stuff Life is made of.

Education: the elusive key to success that unlocks all doors but opens none.

Life is short. Stay awake for it.

Alll the world is queer except for thee and me. And I have my doubts about thee.

I'll meet you round the bend, my friend, where hearts can heal and souls can mend. (Riverbend)

You're alone in this world no matter what kind of folks or background you had. (An Officer and a Gentleman)

The devil is easy to identify. He appears as your best friend when you're terribly tired and makes a very reasonabale request, which you know you should refuse. (F. LaGuardia)

We all do the best we can and it has to be good enough. And if it isn't good enough, it has to do.

The veils of the future are lifted one by one but mortals must act from day to day. (W. Churchill)

We are like the dust of history being blown away. (Chanrithy Him in her book [U]When Broken Glass Floats[/[U]. She lived under the Khmer Rouge in the 2nd. half of the l970s--as a child.)
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Software Paradise
    they are great wumply :d

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---