Thread: problem sending e-mail

problem sending e-mail

I forwarded an e-mail to a friend. It seemed to get stuck in my outbox. After I tried to send, an Outlook Express box came up with "some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details". No list is included in the box. The message stays in the out box and if I don't delete it, it will keep on sending the message to the receiver. He ended up getting 30 of the same forwarded e-mail. This problem has occurred several times, and seems to happen only with photo attachments. Any ideas? Thank you.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    get yourself a web based email account....gmail...or something similar and send OE packing....tis a lot safer and a lot less of a hassle....lost enough hair over OE....lol....jmho.

There are probably tools around to do this, but you can rebuild your OE folders manually. It sounds like you Outbox is corrupted. First off, create a new temporary folder(s) and put all the emails you don't want to lose in it. You can do it separately like Temp Outbox, Temp Inbox, etc, or just put all of them in one temp folder. You can move them back later.

Once you have them safely tucked away in another folder, close OE and go to your identity in OE. You may have to unhide files and folders. Find your identity in explorer and then look at the folders in the right pane. You can delete the Inbox, Outbox, Sent, Deleted and Drafts; all of them or just the Outbox if you'd rather do that. DO NOT delete the Folders.dbx.

Then next time you open OE, the folder(s) will be rebuilt.

Always make a system restore point first, just in case and/or save copies of those .dbx files before deleteing them. But I've done this many times with no problem.

Hope this helps.

This is also a good way to clean out OE when backups become too large.

dbx files have a size limit of something like 600mb then they start to go haywire. An easy way of backing up OE folders is to install Thunderbird and let it import the mail, this usually works even with 'corrupt' dbx files and costs nothing whereas many of the OE repair softwares are quite expensive.

Hooray for Thunderbird, which is a better email client anyway.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?