Thread: i need help...

i need help...

well i just got a computer from a local company, it was hooked up to boot off the network. i disabled that in the BIOS. and i put a hard drive in and it goes to the safe mode select page.(safe mode, safe mode with command promt , ect.) after i make a choice it reboots. and reboots and then freezes. i can get the spest on the pc in a bit. i am going out of town now. thanks for the help.

Dose the hard drive you placed into the computer have a valid operating system on it? If it dose you may want to check your computers hardware configuration. I have seen in the past that section pieces of hardware will cause the rolling boot of death. The one piece of onboard technology I have seen this happen with is promise cards in imperial laptops (D8P models). The only way we where able to fix the issue was to reinstall windows.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    when you said you put a hard drive in it was it from another pc with xp installed on it. If so then you will have to boot from cd and do a repair install so that it will install the correct motherboard/chipset drivers. also whenever you do a repair you will have to reinstall SP2 and reapply any windows updates.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar

thanks for the help. i am booting XP using floppys lol

ok this pc is really starting to get on my nerves......i tried thee diffrent hard drives they all froze when windows begain to load......today alone i spent 12 hours on it many fresh install and still the same thing.....well when i get the time i am gonna try to install windows 98....wish me luck.