Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a calculator software

Question Looking for a calculator software

Hello every one I am looking for calculator software. Some thing that can show the work involved in reaching the correct answer. If possible I would like to find one that would work with Algebra 1 &2, Calculus and trig. Any one knows of a site where this version of a calculator is available?

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    lol... i think ur supposed to do the working out

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    lol... i think ur supposed to do the working out
    LOL you are correct, I do work them out on paper first. But I have honestly forgotten more about mathematics than a care to admit. If I can find some thing to show how the work was done it would be a great study aid for me. Iím a very visual learner so if I can see it or feel it I can learn it. But this class is online based so asking for help with an issue has to be done via e-mail.

http://www.educalc.net/881486.page

LD, I use the HP48SX,GX and the HP49. They will do triple integrals and are programmable. They're in RPN logic(no equal sign, second nature to me) for some people, it's a deal breaker. They prefer TI products. You must get the exact manual for the one you pick(ebay or download). I have the emulator on my PC and I own two of the handhelds. I also have the files to build your own. On hold right now- no spare time. let me know what you do. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

awesome calc blackhat.... HP49 is powerful!! I like the emulator idea, did that software come with the calc?

RPN is a pain... TI-9X series are good too.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Cash.
    No. I downloaded the Emulator complete and ready to go directly from that site. You don't have to own the calculator to use the Emulator. You will need the manual for the calculator you choose to be able to use the advanced functions. they are usually 600+ pages(ebay). I also have the Berios files that is an Emulator that can transfer files between the emulator and the handheld via wire or IR. I'm sure I will need lots of help when I get time to set it up! DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

LD,
    You still have to write math on the computer. I've been getting by with the equation writers in the MS word processors. If you run across an equation writer reccommended by your class, I'd really like to know about it.
    Furthermore, If you're serious and not just taking a math overview or math survey, I am a qualified tutor well past the Calculus. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Yeah LD, just post the calcus qn Some matho-freaks can solve it no probs LOL...

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Yeah LD, just post the calcus qn Some matho-freaks can solve it no probs LOL...
    He didn't mean anything by that BH....you know those Business Math types.....lmao....jk cash....

I would like to thank all of you for the help on finding a good calculator program. After studying a few of my past problem with the cal showing the correct way to do it I was able to adjust my shot group and correct my errors I was doing. This is a lot easier then waiting two or three days for a replay from my instructor.

But now that is have figured out what I was doing wrong most of my other stuff is coming easier to me now. One last question for all you math buffs out there. Any one got an acronym to help remember the order of operations?

Quote Originally Posted by PIPER
    He didn't mean anything by that BH....you know those Business Math types.....lmao....jk cash....
    LOL.. yeah, i wasnt saying something bad, replace math-freaks with Genius

That's a good point LD about learnig from mistakes and getting quick feedback... Also, you will find that most mathematic theories are linked in some way, making it easier and easier to understand (yet more complex )

Order of operations, you mean like Brackets, Of, Divide, Multiply, Add, Subtract (BODMAS) ??

Also, is the mathematics you are studying going to be used for your 3D design work? Motion, Dynamics and Differentiation would be very useful

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Cash,

I'm not that insecure. Among my pet names (many unfit to print) are "The Professor" and "The Wiz". Matho-Freak dosen't easily roll off the tongue. If I had to choose one, I guess it would be Math Mechanic. Genius certainly does not apply. Although I do have my moments.

LD, Innermost brackets first. Determine the sign, number, exponent(in that order), or you will forget and have the wrong sign about 15% of the time.
    You're pretty cryptic, but I think the associative and distributive properties(how to take things into and out of brackets) are causing you trouble. Pre-calc or a book on "Elementary Functions"- take you an hour to brush up.
    Along with the above trouble, comes "do I add, subtract, multiply,or divide these powers of x"(eg. is (x*3)*2 =x*6, or x*5?). Simply substitute 2's or
    3's for x. You'll only have to do this a couple of times to know what to do.
    If you're working in the Natural Log function- That's a whole different lecture. Keep me in mind about the Equation Editor. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

BlackHat is our man! I'll definitely be asking Equation Questions

Maybe we should make another thread with a list of skills each member has, and if they're willing to answer questions

Like, Cars talk to Conan, Pron talk to Conan, Muscles talk to Conan

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

BlackHat is our man! I'll definitely be asking Equation Questions

Maybe we should make another thread with a list of skills each member has, and if they're willing to answer questions

Like, Cars talk to Conan, Pron talk to Conan, Muscles talk to Conan
    That is not a bad idea.