Thread: Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4

Firefox is a free, open-source and cross-platform web browser for Windows, Linux, MacOS X and other operating systems. It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over other web browsers, such as the tabbed browsing and the ability to block pop-up windows.

Release notes (not updated yet)

Windows | Linux | Mac OS X

Mozilla Firefox homepage

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Hi Guys,
    I have FF1.0.7 and intend to up it to FF1.5 asap. I made changes(documented) to 1.0.7 in "about config" that dial-up dosen't like. My graphics sites (eg. Pixel-to-Life) seem to load assymtotically. the closer it gets to finish loading, the longer it takes. I thought when I got my RAM up to 1gig with 1.5gig of pagefiles it would be resolved, but no joy. Do I need to reset the changes I made to 1.0.7 before I dwnld 1.5 or will it install with its default config? Do I need to uninstall 1.0.7 before installing 1.5? DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    assymtotically

huh?

Rik,
    You're way too Hard on me! An assymtote is a limit that something approaches closer and closer- but never quite reaches. The site loads quite fast at first then begins to slow down in the rate that it loads. The site never gets fully loaded. The Browser quits first. I can start loading one of these graphics sites and go out to lunch b4 it's fully loaded.

BTW- You guys are "The Bomb" in computers. I'm just a Newbee trying to learn. That's What I Do!! Come play in my backyard. You'll find I have quite a challenging Jungle Gym! Don't be so hard on me. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I think you should uninstall the older version and then delete all related folders under Program Files before installing the new version.

Thanks Conan. I should have decided on that route myself. I'm just tired today. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    so you're saying your Brain was functioning assymtotically?.....

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    No more Copy Paste problems after upgrading to this version!

Triple Platinum Member
    I've learnt about asymptotes in Calculus.

Conan, I'm driving around in a brand new FF 1.5.0.4. Seems alot better. Wasted time saving my bookmarks to a folder- unnecessary- they were just there after installation. Thanks.

Piper, I think my brain is "Discontinuous" (another math condition), therefore asymptote dosen't apply.

Rohitk, Trig, Analytic Geometry- hyperbolic functions. You spelled it right.Good job! DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

hmmmm........A point at which a function is discontinuous is called a discontinuity, or sometimes a jump.........Naturally Discontinuous Functions....Consider a billiard table in the shape of an equilateral triangle. Shoot a ball at a 60o angle to a side. After some journeying, the ball will close a polygonal loop and then trace the same polygon again. For all points on a side of the triangle but one, the loop is a hexagon whose perimeter does not depend on the position of the starting point. In the exceptional case, where we start in the middle of a side, the loop is a triangle with half the usual length......

An asymptote is a line or curve that approaches a given curve arbitrarily closely......so therefore you were close to making the decision yourself....but blame the lack of decision making on the fact that you were just tired.....hmmmm......jk dood....if nothing else you force me to think early in the a.m.....
    Last edited by PIPER; June 6th, 2006 at 09:41 AM.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Seems like we're all going in circles on this one. Time to bring out Euclid's Fifth Postulate and disrupt everything.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

let's get "straight" to the point.........

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I wonder if Firefox has a Calculas solver built-in like an easter egg ?!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---