Thread: raining Aliens in India?

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar

raining Aliens in India?

As bizarre as it may seem, the sample jars brimming with cloudy, reddish rainwater in Godfrey Louis’s laboratory in southern India may hold, well, aliens. In April, Louis, a solid-state physicist at Mahatma Gandhi University, published a paper in the prestigious peer-reviewed journal Astrophysics and Space Science in which he hypothesizes that the samples—water taken from the mysterious blood-colored showers that fell sporadically across Louis’s home state of Kerala in the summer of 2001—contain microbes from outer space. Specifically, Louis has isolated strange, thick-walled, red-tinted cell-like structures about 10 microns in size. Stranger still, dozens of his experiments suggest that the particles may lack DNA yet still reproduce plentifully, even in water superheated to nearly 600˚F. (The known upper limit for life in water is about 250˚F.)

Read more - Popular Science

------------------------------------------------------------

Triple Platinum Member
    This is the second time I'm seeing reports of this. I wonder if it's a repeat. I wonder if I'll get to see the red rain down here sometime

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    E.T. Phone Home!

I think this is how life started on earth.

BB,
    Your theory is called Panspermia. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhat
    BB,
    Your theory is called Panspermia. DRB
    Yah I knew about panspermia. I've read about it in Discover, NGM, and Popular Science.

THe majority of articles written that I've read stated that the probability for life to have orginated off-planet and then transported via asteroid or comet was higher than life miraculously coming about on terra firma itself.

It makes sense to me.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    ET.....did you leave the faucet running again?.....wah ha ha.....

I can accept Panspermia along with some Evolution Theory but I believe there were interventions along the way(genetic manipulation and Given Knowledge). The differences b/w Neanderthal and Cro-Magnum, cultivating crops, developing strains of grain, Kingship, etc.
    The Enuma Elish (Sumerian story of creation) and the Book of Enoch both have details too numerous to mention that "Ring of Truth". Parallels, cross-references, and details too many to be discounted. The Sumerians accurately numbered the bodies of our Solar System but- from the outside in. They knew about the "Hammered Out Bracelet" (the asteroid belt b/w Mars and Jupiter) mentioned in the Bible. The original story of Noah (Atra Hasish) who was given a clock to tell him when to be finished with the Ark. Evolution and Imagination can't account for things like this. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

Damn it Rik - I've been waiting forever to use that smilie and you beat me to it.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.~ Groucho

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    WOW... interesting stories.. i wonder if it has anything to do with the Comet that came close to Earth on May 25th ?!

"Singing in the Rain, u might get teleported! " LOL..

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Am I the only one that wants to go on a "red rain" diet and see what happens? Maybe I'll mutate...

[[[[[[[[[[ Zildjian ]]]]]]]]]]
    [[[[[[[[[[ Listening to: Miss Murder by AFI :
    [[[[[[[[[[ http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/16623709 ]]]]]]]]]]