Thread: IE 7 beta is ruining my photo viewer?

IE 7 beta is ruining my photo viewer?

Among other things, the beta (I know. Don't be a beta tester.) version of IE7 has made it so that when I click any jpg links from e-mails or game cd's, my Office picture viewer comes up with a bunch of folder icons with no picture code in them.

E-mail links wouldn't open up until I selected IE as my default browser. Mozilla was what I was using.

I forgot the others. Not much probably.

Anyone trying this new program out?

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    IE 7............lol

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

Ok....

you've had a good laugh. Do you have anything constructive to contribute?

Can you reassociate picture files to whatever viewer you were previously using?
    Last edited by rik; June 5th, 2006 at 16:27 PM.

Tried that

I can use the old stand-byes (pic viewer, adobe, ie....) and attachments open up fine.

This wierd thingy is only when clicking to open attachments in e-mails. Microsoft Picture Viewer opens up with a bunch of tiles like a giant batch of folders in tile view.

I'm not too concerned with the problem itself. I'm just trying to figure out if I should go throught he trouble of changing back to IE6.

On that note-
    What good is it to have a section in this forum geared toward IE when the moderators are going to concur with obscene replies to simple questions.

Bear with me- I'm not going to get on a soapbox about this but, I use four different browsers depending on the sites I must (must) visit. I'm a student and in the military. I need IE to study online. I use Firefox to look at general material and surf, if the sites will actually open up with it. I have two other browsers that friend have put together so that I can keep a variety of info sources readily available.

Whether people hate Bill or not is of no concern to me. I have to work and I have to have reliable software (Reliable doesn't mean tweaking a bunch of open source sod.) The world hates Wal-Mart too but if Sam made a good browser, I'd be trying it out too. If there is a browser out there that meets everyones' approval- that is a complete, and universally compatible browser that need no add-ons or program tweaks to work- please share.

That said, I've typed too much about this now and I've gotten tired of this thread already. I'll figure this out on my own.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Well if IE was that important to you, you shouldn't have gone off installing the Beta. It's a big risk if things stop working the way you want them to. I say go back to IE 6.

Is it just me or are people getting way to freaking touchy lately?

Morania, we are here to help if we can. We are all just users like yourself. Many of us do not work in the computer industry and learn things just like you do...personal trial-n-error, Google, and forums. If and when we can help, We will. If we cannot meet your timetable or your needs, I'm sorry.

For a bunch of thrown together guys (and Ladies) that somewhat like computers I think the people here do a pretty good job helping each other, and after all, that is why this board exists.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rik
    Is it just me or are people getting way to freaking touchy lately?

Morania, we are here to help if we can. We are all just users like yourself. Many of us do not work in the computer industry and learn things just like you do...personal trial-n-error, Google, and forums. If and when we can help, We will. If we cannot meet your timetable or your needs, I'm sorry.

For a bunch of thrown together guys (and Ladies) that somewhat like computers I think the people here do a pretty good job helping each other, and after all, that is why this board exists.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morania
    On that note-
    What good is it to have a section in this forum geared toward IE when the moderators are going to concur with obscene replies to simple questions.
    Good point

NOW, I agree with Conan, that you should look carefully into uninstalling IE7 beta, and re-installing IE6.. it is a tricky process, i think some members have been through this, so should be able to help out.

What is important though, as said by Conan as well, IE6 is required by ur online studying, so you shouldnt mess around with the configuration. Im sure the study guide says it is only compatible with IE 5.5 or IE6 ....

This mindset that all new apps including Betas should be stable and do everything they used with no probs is false, and we need to be aware.

SO, hopefully you can get IE6 re-installed and working again, and good luck with your studies!

Keep us posted for future reference, cheers.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---