Thread: mouse clicking issue?

Bronze Member

Unhappy mouse clicking issue?

I have both Firefox and Internet Explorer, which I both use depending on the dependability/security of the site I am visiting. The issue is that, often I will have 4 or 5 Firefox windows open and when I close one, they all close, or 2 or 3 close of the 5. I thought that this was an issue with Firefox but when I have several IE windows open and I close one, two, three or all close at the same time as well.

Similarly, when I am on a website and I access a link to another site, 2 or 3 Browser windows open to the same link (regardless of the link).

This issue is also evident when opening any other window, such as "My Computer" (as the window will open twice) and such, but it is much more prominent in opening/closing the Browsers.

I thought it might have been a mouse sensitivity issue and have tweaked that but either I have not done it right or it isn't the mouse.

Ironically, I have no such issues (mouse clicking, accessing windows) at all when playing any game.

BTW, I am running an up to date version of XP.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer.
    Halder
    Last edited by Halder; June 11th, 2006 at 12:31 PM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    You know I had this same problem before and it was due to the mouse. The button was sticking for a split second after I would click to close a browser page and like you, all of them would close. I bought a Logitech mouse after that and never had that problem again.

What brand is your mouse? It's not easily detectable that it's the mouse's fault. Try to borrow someone else's mouse and then connect it to your PC to make sure.

Bronze Member

Thumbs up Thanks!!!

Thanks Conan, you did it!

I tried another mouse and I had no problem at all, it certainly was the mouse (a labtec optical mouse). It must has been sticking like you said or the point of contact may have been dirty, on the left click pad.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Great find Conan, gee, it must have been really annoying at first!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    Great find Conan, gee, it must have been really annoying at first!
    You bet it was annoying! I first tried to solve it by formatting the drive.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Format the drive?! Oh no... I would have thrown the mouse out the window and into the river! LOL...

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---