Thread: Formatting the "to-be-cloned-to" drive before cloning

Formatting the "to-be-cloned-to" drive before cloning

Is it necessary OR AT LEAST ADVISABLE, to format the "drive-to-be-cloned-to" before cloning? Or put it this way: if I do NOT format the "drive to be cloned to" first, will ALL of its space be available for data after the clone?

My 2 drives are of equal size.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    You can format if you want, even so the partition will be deleted and the clone will take care of everything.

I only use DriveImage, don't know for sure how other software works.

FastGame: Hey, cloned as you said you cloned. Cloned beautifully. Thanks, wumply. Program I used was Casper XP.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Yeah, you shouldnt have to format before cloning, because it will copy exactly everything from the donor drive (hence 'Clone') ... however, it would be interesting, if you have to initialise the new drive first?!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---