Thread: Flock

Flock

I have found a browser that I like better than Firefox. It is called Flock. Take a tour here. LINK

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Why do you like it better? Can you tweak it for speed?

Triple Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by efc View Post
    I have found a browser that I like better than Firefox. It is called Flock. Take a tour here. LINK
    I'm just waiting for my preferred photo sharing service to be integrated into it (it currently offers photo sharing integration only for Flickr and Photobucket) and then I'll switch to it for good. Incidentally, efc, the browser's targeted user base is the 'Myspace generation' or the teenaged social web surfers. I'm surprised you like Flock so much - this speaks volumes about the quality of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Why do you like it better? Can you tweak it for speed?
    It's a Mozilla source based browser, Conan. It's stand out features are it's integrated news reader, photo manager and blogging tool. It's as stable as fx if not more stable and is, IMHO, better looking You can read reviews and see screenshots of it in heavy duty action over here and here.

In case anyone's wondering, the browser's site has a whole bunch of extensions (Gmail Notifier, Session Saver, etc.) for download. If there's a fx extension you'd like to use but can't find it on the Flock site, you can use an extension called Flock'd that will make your fx extensions usable with Flock.

Quote Originally Posted by rohitk89 View Post
    I'm surprised you like Flock so much - this speaks volumes about the quality of the product.
    I am a news junkie. I monitor (using rss feeds) many news services each day. With flock I can click the MY NEWS button and see the number of unread items in each service without going to the site. To try to state that in a clearer way, digg.com indicates there are 14 new items. Click on digg and the 14 items appear in the right frame with a short summary of the item.

It used to take a half hour or more for me to review all feeds. It now takes a fraction of that time.

It also has a spell check for use in blogs and forums. That is also cool.

You are right about my interest in photo's and MySpace. I could care less. I think its is much more than a MySpace browser.

I may be an old dog, but I can learn a new trick or two.

If you still have questions go to the tour page linked in the first post. Click on one of the sections to see an automated demo.
    Last edited by efc; June 18th, 2006 at 13:03 PM. Reason: Additional info

Triple Platinum Member
    I am a news junkie. I monitor (using rss feeds) many news services each day. With flock I can click the MY NEWS button and see the number of unread items in each service without going to the site. To try to state that in a clearer way, digg.com indicates there are 14 new items. Click on digg and the 14 items appear in the right frame with a short summary of the item.
    Have you tried Sage for fx? Or Bloglines?

Quote Originally Posted by rohitk89 View Post
    Have you tried Sage for fx? Or Bloglines?
    I will check it out.