Thread: what kind of problem!

Exclamation what kind of problem!

hello guys1 please help me findina solution for this problem i bought a toshiba tecra s2 laptop from india last year now i am in italy the problem is when i use my laptop for more than 4 hours then it swithces off suddenly even though the ac power is on

when i got switched off the ac power to the computer is not working when i unplug it and restart the computer with battery back up and replug the ac wire then the power supply indicator is on..

my specs are
    intel centrino 1.6
    nvidia 6600 fx dedicated 64 mb
    windows xp sp2
    1 gb ram

so what should i do now?? to stop this problem?

Sounds like a faulty PSU mate, could be the thermal fuse kicking in, try a different PSU

Quote Originally Posted by MartyW View Post
    Sounds like a faulty PSU mate, could be the thermal fuse kicking in, try a different PSU

dude tanx for suggestion but can u explain me in depth i dint understand u what is psu?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    PSU= power supply unit. Probably he means the power pack that you connect to your laptop.

It could also be some settings in the control panel that deal with power consumption (it could be set to go off at a certain time...)

Also check the fan and make sure it is spinning and free of dirt and debris. A stuck or clogged fan could cause the computer to overheat eventually thus kicking in an override that could force the laptop to power down.

^^ Wep thats what i meant cheers mate, yep also check what he says too

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Also the AC Adapter could be overheating and causing it. After the shutdown, will it come back on using battery power only?

He has said it comes back on with the bat power and when it does come back on the pc says there is no mains power (although he has it switched on) untill he unplugs the power pack and plugs it back in again, this sugests to me that the the power pack is over heating and cutting out and only when he unplugs it does it reset.