Hi- I really need help. I'm going to put it out there right now, I am not the best when it comes to computers, so any help given, please keep it simple enough (step by step) otherwise it will probably go over my head.

Anyway, so I have had BitTorrent for a while now, but it has always been on a slow speed, and it says it was probably behind a firewall or NAT. I went online to find out how to get it to work, and the first thing I came across was you had to get a static IP. So I did what you needed to do and how it said to do it, but then I switched it back to the option that automatically gets one for me. So far, no problems with internet.

Now I try to directly turn off my firewall and NAT from the page you get when you type in your IP in the URL bar. So I go to where NAT is listed, and I click disable. I then click 'Apply Changes' and a message pops up saying that I should input the correct IP (even though that was the right IP, or at least the one I have), and then the internet goes down. There are two computers in the network. The one I am using right now (now hooked directly to the modem so it can go online- this computer is the one that the router is connected to) and then my computer which is the one i did everything mentioned on. Even though the router is not hosted by my computer, I managed to somehow make it so this computer and my computer could not get on the internet through the use of the router.

*and when i try to repair it, it stops at renewing IP, and says it is unable to do so