Thread: Saving pictures/itunes songs one by one

Saving pictures/itunes songs one by one

Yes, I know how to do this, but I've a particular problem for which I would like a solution.

I save pictures I like as I run across them and download itunes songs when I run across or think of one I particularly like.

What I want to do is save each picture or song to a CD as soon as I download it.

OK, I use Easy Media Creator from Roxio to save my pictures. But to do that I have to start EMC, find the picture, get it to EMC, tell EMC to import the stuff already on the CD, and then burn the new file. It's a bother to do this with every picture I save.

I thought I could do the same (using EMC) with every itunes I download but no, itunes has an m4p extension, and EMC says: "Sorry...can't work with that file type."

OK, itunes will let me burn a downloaded song to a CD--it converts the m4p file type to mp3 or wav or something so it will play in my car CD player or many CD players. Well, that method saves it to disc, but now I cannot add any more songs to that CD--kinda' wasteful.

What would be ideal is an oversize floppy where I could just copy pics and songs so easily--I don't think it complains about file types--and you can just add stuff at will--no problem) and then when I had 8 or 10 or 20 files, I could transfer them all at once to my one CD where so far I've saved everything. But you see, to save allon my HD until I get 8 or 10 or 20, has left files vulnerable to loss if something goes wrong. That's why I want to find an easy way to save them as I get them.

There used to be an oversize floppy or something very similar, but I forget what it was called. Don't know if such still exists.
    It would have to go where my floppy drive is now for I'm using both IDE primary and secondary connections on my two channels.

Are there such devices as supersize floppies? Or what is the solution I need? Is there a practical one?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    why not burn to cd in a data format? you can put both your pictures and mp4 and keep adding to it everyday until you fill the whole 700mb disc

I use nero and it has the "do not close disc" multisession option

www.nero.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Im not sure of a software that allows you to do this but i would say your best option would be to get some CD-RW's,This way you can use Drag to Disc and basically use the Cd-RW like a floppy.You can add as many files as you want then later erase the disc to reuse it.

You can do this with CD-R's as well in Drag to disc but you wont be able to re-use these.

Well, egghead and bhxtyrant...thanks! I even have the Nero 5.5 version on CD---just had never used that CD writer. Lucky Me!

Nor had I realized I could treat CDs as floppies. .

No problem Wumply,
    Hope that helps you out.I've been using that method for a long time now.I find it particularly handy because you don't have to add all your files in a single session so you can always go back and add more until the CD-R is full and even erase the disc if it's a CD-RW.All you have to do is use the program Drag to Disc that comes with Easy media creator and there should be an option to format your blank media so you can use it like a floppy.

7 days have passed and Boy, does drag to disc ever make life easy! It's wonderful!!!!!!! Thanks Guys!