Thread: Sony Vaio FE21M DVD Playback Issues

Sony Vaio FE21M DVD Playback Issues

I have just purchased a new Sony Vaio FE21M laptop, which on the whole i am very pleased with. The only issue i have is that DVD playback jumps from frame to frame and freezes momentarily. I was running PowerDVD 6, Media Player 10 and WinDVD for vaio. I have since removed PowerDVD, but this has not helped. I also checked for available updates on the Sony and Nvidia websites. Could this be a DVD drive issue as it seems fine when playing back .avi files from the harddrive??

It has also been upgraded to 2 Gb of RAM.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Post Same Problem

I'm having the same problem - for the second time with this notebook. The first time, I jumped through all the hoops with tech support without any luck. I then had to ship the computer to San Diego for repair - which worked. I'm dealing with the same issue again though and I'm hesitant to send the computer back to CA. The box they supply isn't a box at all, but sheets of cardboard, plastic, and glue that you have to construct into a box (good luck). The did ask that I send the computer in for repair but I'm going that route at this time. I think what might've cause the problem is frequent DVD burning - that's the most demanding task I've put up to the PC.