Thread: I Am Alive!!

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

I Am Alive!!

Yes, I am still alive.
    Heavy season at work has stopped. Now I am back to 40 hours a week, instead of 75, which is good and bad. Good, I have more free time, bad because my paycheck is a third less. I just came back from a vacation (about 4 weeks ago) and I am completely broke
    I was sick for a whole week. I some tonsilitis bacteria type in my plane back. Probably between Detroit and PHL.
    This past weekend I even had time to install 2 new games
    For vacation we had plan with my wife to meet in Canada, and we both went there, but she was not allowed to enter in Canada () so she went back to mexico, and I took a plane to go over there. Not before I wear off the tires at my car, and had to pay for the hotel in Canada. So, I paid twice for my vacation (No wonder that I am looking for a weekend PT job now).
    I am also doing repairs in my car since I have to take it to inspection soon.
    I have to replace spark plugs, sparkplugs wire, manifold preasure switch, rotors, and a motor mount, so if anyone wants to give me input I will appreciate it. I will be doing it myself with the help of a Hanes manual to save some money, plus it shoudl prove challenging and fun.
    I had already replaced a ball bearing and the 2 front axels, and brake pads, so I can handle myself a little bit with good guidance. Ahh, I also replaced about a month ago one of the motor mounts too.
    I want to improve a little the car, but I don't have that much money, so I was looking for performance sparkplugs and cross drilled rotors, but I have no idea what is good.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Hi Dave!

Welcome back

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.~ Groucho

Hello (should I say hello, or wait until I have something more meaningfull to say??

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Dude!!! Welcome back!

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    welcome back

------------------------------------------------------------

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Welcome back man....what games did you install?

Triple Platinum Member
    Welcome back. Good to hear you're alive

Quote Originally Posted by PIPER View Post
    Welcome back man....what games did you install?
    Splinter Cell Pandora's Tomorrow and Alone In the Dark: THe New Nightmare.
    I did quite horrible in Splnter Cell. I am not much of a stealth guy (I passed most of Hitman's missions from the first game by shooting everyone )
    And for AITD4 I played for about 6 hours without saving. I did pretty good, only that I have to start again because I wasted too many bullets , and I got the soul scared out of me at one point where suddenly a zombie type appeared, I shot instinctly and one of my rear speakers fall, cutting in half a Tomb Raider poster that I had. THAT IS REAL GAME INMERSION
    Splinter Cell has very good Surround Sound capabilities. Almost as good as Eternal Darkness

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    what you were gone......just joking. glad you have some time to enjoy life. everybody needs a vacation from THE MAN every once in awhile. I'm taking 3.5 weeks off starting the 10th. My kids are coming down from Oregon and gonna do the Disneyland, SD Zoo, hopefully Sea World...and gotta a request from my son that all the relaxing time be spent at the beach. Been since Oct since I've seen the youngest so looking forward to spending some really family bonding time. My 2 oldest came down for New Yrs but the 4 yr old cant fly by himself til hes 5.

so, question, how are you dividing those 3.5 weeks?
    Let me take a guess.....if your family is somewhat as crazy as mine you wil spent 2 weeks doing some really family bonding time, and the other 1.5 week relaxing and taking vacation from the family
    I went to Arngentina to visit my family, and I barely had time to relax, eeveryday barbacue with different people, running from one place to another, impossible to refuse a beer everywhere I went, and January 1st (or December 31st actually) came back to sleep at 7:30 AM and I can't even make a list of all the things that we drank (thought I was not drunk, more like ready to explode from the beer's gas )
    Took me 2 days after arriving to US to actually get up and come to work

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    hey dave, great to hear your back and getting some time after work to relax with games and car maintenance... Conan and BB should give some great advice for your car... plus the other petrol heads in the Forum

Take care buddy...

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---