Thread: Need a little assistance to find a suitable secure CMS system

Need a little assistance to find a suitable secure CMS system

Hey guys,
    I need some opinions from any of you that have expierience with using lots of Content managment systems.Me and a friend are planning to start a new website.The basic concept of the site is for it to be a sort of raffle site.

Basically what it will be is a place where viewers can register and enter contests (for a fee) in order to win various prizes.So i am on the hunt for a system that would allow for a user to register at the site imputing information such as there name,contact information and payment preference (credit card,debit card or paypal) I have never tryed anything of this nature before so im starting from scratch.I have enough expierience to build the actual site and design but it's just the backend hat has me stumped.It would be preferred if the CMS is stand alone and does not require forum software like many do.

Another thing that we would like is to have a sort of map of the entire US viewed in a grid of states.When a user clicks a state it will show all users that have won a prize from that particular state along with images of the prize and winner.

If anyone has any idea's or suggestions on any type of software that can do this please point me in the direction.Thank for your time

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Hey Petard,
    Thanks for the link.I have actually been to this site before and have seen many decent CMS's the only thing is that some of the options i am looking for arent usually built into the CMS and are usually ad ons so i was hoping to get some imput from anyone that may have found anything similar to what i am trying to build rather then find a CMS and start building only to find out that whatever i might need is only avalible on another CMS down the road.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Most of the open source offerings provide a framework for which you can then "customize" or build to your requirements. You should pick one that has a large development and support community.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig