Thread: plz help me my acer travel mate laptop's screen goes blank

Red face plz help me my acer travel mate laptop's screen goes blank

hello guys..my laptop some times goes either blank..or the screen goes blue..white..pink..green..etc..and all my programs will be running on the bac...and i have lately observed that it happens when iam chatting in msn...guys plz help me on this problem.......

Plug it into an external monitor and see if it happens on that

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Also check the switch that tells the laptop that you closed the lid to make sure it is not stuck (thought that probably would make your PC go into Standby), and check the power settings to make sure you don't have Turn Off monitor right away (thought moving the mouse, or pressing "any" key would bring it back on)

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Could also be a defective laptop. Do you have any warranty left? If so you might want to contact the manufacturer about an RMA procedure.

My sister called me about 2 hours ago, and she has the same problem with a HP, so I will get some hands on experience on the problem tomorrow. Her laptop is out of warranty, so I will have to fix it or fix it

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger View Post
    Could also be a defective laptop. Do you have any warranty left? If so you might want to contact the manufacturer about an RMA procedure.

Several issues could create the problem....all of the above are good places to start.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Sounds like a loose or bad LCD cable or possibly the LCD panel going out. Does your system have any kind of pre-boot diagnostics?

I fixed my sister's laptop. Just booted up and it worked fine. My sister said she has tried several times since Sunday and could not get it to work...so how to fix it? Put it in the carrying case and take it for a spin in the car. Maybe the laptop just wanted to take some fresh air

ok thanxs guys for ur suggestions....actually i have a global warrenty...and iam in milan, italy now....and the place where the acer's outlet is there that is very far away from the place i stay......and dehcbad25 i think i will do take my laptop for a ride...hahhahahahah

Ohhh MILAN......IT IS NICE, ISN'T it? I drove from Alicante (SPAIN) to Ancona in the west, little north of middle Italy. You should have bouth an Acer Ferrari to match the place
    There it is, get a Ferrari or Lambo (or Alfa) and drive it really fast
    (Sorry one of my silly jokes just slipped into my keyboard)

Update, just in case. My sister's laptop seems to be completely dead. I turn it on, and the leds come on, but there is no fan noise (that is OK, they "Might activate later", there is no post beep, no nothing. Maybe having a 2 year old step on it is not good for the laptop