Thread: start up problem...due to overheating????

start up problem...due to overheating????

hello people, i am new here so help would be greatly appreciated, 2 days ago i downloaded a file which turned out to be a virus and slowed down my computer, i then restarted my computer quiet a lot of times but would not start, thought it was a virus problem, removed the virus, problem still occurs.

formatted my computer and the problem is still there, yesterday night i switched off my computer after 18 hrs, and switched it on back again after 2 secods, my problem is, when i swtch on my computer, the processor starts, but the monitor is still blank, and the keyboard does not respond, restarted around 5 times, and the computer finally started properly bt gave 2 beep sounds from the integrated speakers and then started in the BIOS UTILITY SETUP MODE. exited that, den started my computer, and start perfectly, but den switched it off again and started again, but guess what, same problem, so thought i would give my computer some rest,for around 10-15 mins switched it off, switched it on again, and worked perfectly fine. tried switching it off and on again for around 10 times and worked perfectly fine. any idea why this happens??? could this be due to overheating??

thanks in advance

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    "2 beeps" http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/amiB2-c.html

You could open the case and blow the dust out. I don't know how old the PC is but would be a good time to replace the MB battery.

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame View Post
    "2 beeps" http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/amiB2-c.html

You could open the case and blow the dust out. I don't know how old the PC is but would be a good time to replace the MB battery.
    thanks mate for the help, my computer is more than one and a haf yrs old..opened the casing and blew out whatever dust which i could...neways, what is system memory, and if its a problem with the mother board..do i have to get it replaced/???cuz that will be a hell of a lot money to spend on surely.
    and is there no possibilty that it could be a problem with the overheating?? because when i had this problem, i let my computer cool down for 10 mins..den started the computer again and worked perfectly even after 3-4 boots.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    what is system memory,
    It's the banks of memory on your mother board.

Heat could be the cause, but, bad circuts on the MB could be causing the heat or your memory is bad or getting real hot. Could also be a bad power supply ???

Do you leave the PC on 24/7 ?

Not exactly 24/7, but yeh, around 14-18 hours a day non-stop. But I've never encountered this problem; dont know what to do about it. Just now switched off my comp and switched it on once again after 6 hrs of running non-stop, no probs at all, switched on properly.

to update you people about my current situation..i installed INTEL ACTIVE MONITOR..and apparently, the average temp. inside my computer is around 82-84 drees celcius..and reached around 95 degrees while playing games or using big applications..i dont think this is the ideal temperature..but this never used to happen before..any idea why it happens now??

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    maybe the fan efficiency has been reduced with a layer of dust, or low voltage etc

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---