Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy, Not the place for repairs

Best Buy, Not the place for repairs

Author claims that Best Buy, makes unnecessary repairs.

http://storm.presidium.org/?title=Geek%20Squad

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I would expect nothing less than that from BestBuy.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    even some of the other smaller chains rip you off. There is a chain on the westcoast called PC Club and they have a price list for their repairs. 30 bucks for ram installation. 75 bucks for spy removal.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    I charge a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Quote Originally Posted by petard View Post
    I charge a bottle of Jack Daniels.
    Hey Petard, I heard it was a bottle of Ripple.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    MD 20 20 here Babey...We fix you long time

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by efc View Post
    Hey Petard, I heard it was a bottle of Ripple.
    Oh no, no, no my friend. Jack Daniels all the way. If I'm getting low on JD, I send a virus to a neighbor and wait for the phone to ring.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Haha, I wish I was old enough to charge alcohol. Sadly no, I can only ask for money.

I know exactly what that guy is talking about. I went to a best buy once, because my boss and I where curious about what it takes to get a job at geek squad. The guy said I needed to have passed a basic computers course and have good marketing skills. This confirmed my suspition that I probably know more about computers than most if not all of the people there. I then looked at the line of people waiting for service and I was sorry for all of them. Everytime I see a geek squad VW Bug now, I shake my clenched fist and curse.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    MD 20 20 here Babey...We fix you long time
    ....lol.....long time on phone?.....

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    beelzebub, last time I saw a vw bug from the geek squad, I just floored my Eclipse, and quickly got in front of them, then put it in neutral, and let the car go until it was back in 40 milesph (from 60 mph) which actually take a long time, so he could see the nice CISCO magnet that I have in the back of my car.....
    Yeah, that was mean, but what else can I do ....

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    LOL...I was in line for Best Buy on day (can't remember for what) and they wanted to charge a person about $150 to put a new hard drive in. I had to do everything to not tell the guy I'd do it for $20.

Ever since then though, I've never even thought of taking my PC somewhere else to have it fixed.

I never needed to enter a best buy to get the inclination that I can fix my computer better than they can. I felt it from miles away.

Dehcbad25 that is not mean they need to be shown that they are bad or stupid (or both) people for working there. Man I hate geek squad, almost as much as I hate Tyler Stone (someone I used to go to school with) and I hate Tyler Stone with a passion that could outshine the sun.

Well you can lump Circuit City in with them!

Circuit City is a joke too..first they started off let us build a puter to suit you then they hung a sign out front, because obviously the guy who answers the phone in the computer section had a notion one day that he knew what to throw together and blew some smoke under someone's asss an whalllla...you have a certiified idiot now in IT of all things tearing things up for a passerby computer owner....I wish that service would just blow up because they don't have a clue..
    God Bless,

Ranger!
    "Sua Sponte, Rangers Lead the Way!"

Everytime that I go to Best Buy I have to wait or perhaps even come back if I want to speak to someone who is even remotely knowledgble to what I am talking about or trying to find.
    Years ago when I owned an even older computer, imagine that, I used to have to come in on a certain day when the guy that knew about my type of system was there. I had an old 386 dx that spoke some weird computer language (in my simple terms my computer spoke only German and like all the parts they would sell there spoke mostly Japanese), so I had to be sure the part would be compatible before I bought it.
    This was prior to Geek Squad, since then it has only gotten worse and worse.
    Circuit City has horrible customer service they are only interested in selling, not really into servicing and they can only tell you the information about a product that you yourself could read off the side of the box.
    And all of this is part of the reason I joined Techzones, where I could speak to knowledgble people that only charge alcohol that I can share with them.
    Knowledge indeed is power;
    Wisdom is knowing whether or not to act on Knowledge.

Speech is
    silver,but silence is golden.....
    Blondie

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Hmmm. Maybe I should move back to Corpus and open a shop.