Thread: Word insists on printing Word Documents in different font

Word insists on printing Word Documents in different font

Is my only choice in view of the following to uninstall and reinstall Word?

Word has been told (via Format > Font...) to use Comic Sans MS, Regular, Size 12. And it's been using that on any and all documents I type in Word for years. And that font and size show up in the tool bar when I call Word up.

But today it switched (or something I did switched it) to Courier New and a size of 8 or 10 (can't be sure which). And all my saved Word documents are printing in this new font, along with any new document I type--starting today.

This behavior is the same on each of my 2 printers.

I tried going Format > Font and changing Comic Sans MS and the 12 size to another font and size and changing it back, but that didn't change anything.

So I thought: "Fine! I'll just reinstall Word over itself from my CD." (I've Word 2002 btw.) Well, I was given 3 choices: 1. Add/remove features. 2. Repair Word. 3. Uninstall Word. I gave Choice 2 a go but that effected nothing either.

So is my only choice at this point to uninstall Word and then reinstall it? Or have I practical less-sledgehammer-blow options?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    when in the document press ctrl-A that will highlight everything then change the font back to how you like it. Then dont forget to save it.

Phish. The trouble is that the Word document whether I call it up or type it, comes out as Comic Sans MS in my desired size on the monitor and Comic Sans Size 12 is what the toolbar is showing--and what I want. But it's when it prints that it comes out in a different font and size--on both my printers!

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    first what happens when you change the font to something else does it still print in courier. also what happens when you check the print preview is it viewing how you typed it or does it show using the courier font. have you tried doing a system restore since you said it started happening this morning. have you tried different docs. is it showing up on all the documents.
    Last edited by phishhead; July 7th, 2006 at 19:17 PM.

I tried all your suggestions. But nothing changed. But then the problem corrected itself or something I did led to a correction. lf the latter, I have no idea what I might have done. Thanks!