Thread: Mozilla Firefox 2.0 Beta 1 (official release)

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Mozilla Firefox 2.0 Beta 1 (official release)

Firefox is a free, open-source and cross-platform web browser for Windows, Linux, MacOS X and other operating systems. It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over other web browsers, such as the tabbed browsing and the ability to block pop-up windows.

Release notes

Windows | Linux | Mac OS X

Other langauges: Windows | Linux | Mac

Mozilla Firefox homepage

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Firefox 2 Beta

Thanks for the notification. I've installed the new beta, and am already appreciating some of the new features, like

the Google search suggestions,
    the in-line spell checking (which ironically has just underlined Google as I typed it in),
    the ability to re-open closed tabs,
    the restoring of the previous browsing session, and
    the close buttons on each tab.

It'll be great when the anti-phishing feature is working fully.

Titanium Member TZ Veteran Denyse's Avatar
    I am having crash problems with it, but I know that is part of the game of using a Beta.

I just upgraded to this beta because i was becoming extremely annoyed after upgrading from 1.0 ro 1.5.Thankfully 2.0 seems much better so far it loads much faster for me and i havent had any problems with it displaying wepages incorrectly as i did with 1.5.Hope the future releases continue this route.I did have one crash of the beta but that was only when attempting to install a skin that was not compatible with 2.0. (they really need to start telling which versions those skins are for as many do not)

North Central Arkansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Denyse View Post
    I am having crash problems with it, but I know that is part of the game of using a Beta.
    It has been stable for me. Have you tried an un-install/re-install? You could have a registry issue causing the crashes.

So far, I am very satisfied with the beta.