Thread: Norton Ghost Boot CD Problem

Talking Norton Ghost Boot CD Problem

Hello All,
    Im a new member on here, so I'm hoping that I've gone about asking for help in the right way. I am 'trying' to create a Ghost Boot CD. (Rather than using floppys, since all our new desktops don't have Floppy drives. I have a 'menuitem' list to choose the different drivers and such. ***That part works*** What has happened is that when it says 'Loading Ghost.exe', I get an error 'Cannot open Ghosterr.txt file'. This is a log file that always gets created and of course it's that the CD is not writable. I have looked elsewhere on the internet and the person that claims to have done this does not give any answers to this dilemna. I have unsuccessfully tried to contact Norton (they no longer support 7.5 and want a sizable fee on my credit card). Is there a switch I can put in the Autoexec.bat file to suppress the logfile. (I looked that up also on Norton and only saw a switch that looked like this: -JL:x=filename
    This sets up a logfile and x represents the parameters for (e)errors, (w)warnings, etc. 'Filename' is where i'd set a path for it to go. I was wondering if there was a way to create a temp drive space on the HDD im ghosting to, to direct the ghosterr.txt file to write to that path? Or any other way to do it even without using this switch. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks very much...Don

Banned
    This might work. Run ghost with this command:

ghost.exe -afile=a:\errdata\currerr.txt

This should direct the output to a file: currerr.txt on drive a: (your floppy drive) - make sure you have a writeable floppy in drive a:
    Source:http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...99021911433525

Thanks Nikto. I will have to try this in conjunction with creating some sort of temp RAM drive on the HDD since I am going to use a CD to do this. None of the new PCs we use comes standard with a floppy drive and can only use one or the other if a floppy is available.....'sigh'...there's always a catch isnt there...lol