Thread: Bluetooth network to access internet over mobile phone.

Bluetooth network to access internet over mobile phone.

I'm using a laptop with Bluetooth; I want to connect to to my mobile phone and use the GPRS functionality to access the web. However it doesn't work as I expect...
    On my home desktop (Win2K) I'm sure that connecting over bluetooth actually creates a new network connection. On the laptop (XPSP2), all that happens is I can establish a bluetooth connection. I can set up a dialup connection to actually use my phone as a dialup modem but I don't want to do this.
    Is this adriver issue, an XP issue or what - I'd assumed this is something people do as standard but while I see options to send files and so on, any kind of proper connection isn't making itself visible?

This is kind of urgent, if you can't help please point me to the right place so I can look there...

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I think you were on the right track with the dialup modem... as it would be a modem cable of GPRS or 3G speeds

or you can look at the settings on your phone...see if it can connect to Cell network, then pipe data across to Bluetooth connection... Then get ur laptop to get the bluetooth as normal data rather than direct-direct connection...

Anyway, my mate at work uses his Cell for internet... i'll ask him how to set it up... also, what brand model is your Cell phone?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Its a Nokia 6230, which is NOT a Symbian phone (one thing I read suggested this makes a difference).

Thanks.