Thread: Trojan!!

Trojan!!

Hello everyone!!!
    My first post here. I'm Varun, currently running an 2.8 ghz amd athlon with 512 mb rama nd 240 gb hdd. Have bitdefender as my AV.
    Right, now I have a huge problem. By my utter ignorance and stupidity, I downloaded a trojan today.
    Bit defender detected it, but was unable to delete it. and I could not delete it manually either. By some luck, I happened to change the file's extension and deleted. Then bitdefender detected another threat in content.ie5 folder. It was of the html form. I tried deleting it but it would'nt. So I tried changing its extension. It did delete. But now, bitdefender detects it in the recycled folder even after i cleared the folder. though with a different file name and the same extension i changed is to. the error that bitdefender gives me everytime i click on the recycle bin in... "suspect with: Exploit.html.codebase.exec.gen" I've tried restoring all done everything i could. But it just does'nt go from the recycled folder.
    Please Help!!!

I'm not that much of a trojan wizard, but you could just try going into safe mode (during boot logo press F8 and choose safe mode) and running your AV soft.
    Repeat after me: I WILL use Google before asking stupid questions.

Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrA View Post
    I'm not that much of a trojan wizard, but you could just try going into safe mode (during boot logo press F8 and choose safe mode) and running your AV soft.
    will try that MRA....thanks!