I need to start the process by removing any and all portions of a what appears to be a failed XP upgrade. When I boot now after the upgrade I get a message asking what OS to boot. Win 2K, XP AND XP Setup...eventhought the setup disc is not in the machine. So I think that removing ALL portions for the failed setup is my starting point. I cannot boot from XP or the Setup disc. XP stalls at the first splash screen and the Setup stalls at the "Windows is Starting Up" screen with the bars accross the bottom of the screen. I think removing the traces of the failed XP upgrade is the best next step.

I have been unable to locate a way to remove XP and leave 2K...can anyone suggest a way to accomplish this?

It seems as though XP was installed on the same drive and partition as 2K. After I remove the failed XP I want to try to reinstall it. When installing this last time, the install looked like it was working fine until it came to reboot, then I got to the choose OS screen and could go nowhere but back to 2K from there.

Thanks in advance.