Thread: Flock 0.7.4.1 Beta update

Flock 0.7.4.1 Beta update

Flock comes from the Firefox family. The latest update incorporates Firefox update 1.5.0.5.
    Features

Photos (Show me more →)

Share and discover. Use drag and drop to share your photos, including built-in support for Flickr and Photobucket. Subscribe to your friends' photo streams and be the first to know when they upload new pics.

Search (Show me more →)

Delivering results. Search your favorites, your history, and the entire web, as you type. Popular search engines are always within reach.

News (Show me more →)

Get the scoop on what matters to you, pronto. Click the button in the address bar to start building your own personal news service, updated with fresh content every hour.

Blogging (Show me more →)

Post almost anywhere with our easy-to-use built-in blog editor. Drag and drop photos or text snippets from any web site.

Favorites (Show me more →)

Click the blue star to mark any page as a favorite. Search your favorites from the search box, sync your favorites between multiple computers, or tag and share them with others.

Download Flock 0.7.4.1

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    So you are using Flock and like it?

Triple Platinum Member
    I tried it and un-installed it for the following reasons:

1. It doesn't support the photo sharing site I use.
    2. I don't like the live search functionality and the fact that Yahoo! is their default search engine.
    3. The news reader is good but neither does it sync with Bloglines like GreatNews nor does it do anything that the Sage extension for Firefox doesn't already do. Moreover, there is no Bloglines notifier extension for Flock.
    4. The blog tool is very primitive.
    5. The bookmark to del.icio.us feature is decent but, once again, very primitive. It doesn't let you tag your bookmarks. The del.icio.us plugin for Firefox does all of this and more.

The GUI of the browser is wonderful but not reason enough to facilitate a shift from Firefox.
    Last edited by rohitk89; August 5th, 2006 at 20:17 PM.

We use for different reasons.

I like:
    1. Cnt'l, shift, n opens a sidebar with all of the rss feeds that I use. Currently I have eleven feeds. The feature makes it easy to keep up with them.

2: Spell check. Helps me not look stupid at TZ. (Well maybe not).

3. Click the blue star on the address bar to add a site to favorites.

4. Ability to create additional Favorite toolbars which are accessible via a down arrow.

I still keep Firefox near by. I just use it less and less. Remember that most of the good things about Firefox also apply to Flock.
    Last edited by efc; August 5th, 2006 at 21:02 PM. Reason: More info

Triple Platinum Member
    Firefox 2 Beta 1 comes with a spell checker. Sage displays all your feeds in a side bar too. Then again, to each his own
    Last edited by rohitk89; August 6th, 2006 at 06:01 AM.