This should be my next logical step. I screwed up the other day renaming My Documents Folder (Oh, I renamed it back alll right, but somewhere along the way I goofed.) So I now have a folder called My Documents in My Documents folder. That 2nd. MY Documents folder is the one that Word Files get put in when I click "Save" and where a jpg file I download gets saved if I say 'send to' My Documents.

Also I am finding my very recent install of Dragon Naturally Speaking is having trouble with Explorer--I frequently get the message when I try to run Dragon: "Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." Then Dragon freezes.

Now michaelstevenstech.com has an excellent detailed-instruction page on how to do a repair of Windows systems files replacing them from files on the full version (not OEM) XP I have. This Repair is NOT a Recovery console deal; all the Repair does is to replace (thus effectively repairing) the system files; it does NOT install XP or touch any non-system files (apps; programs).

My question is this: Will such an XP system files repair (a "change as needed" I assume) wipe out the tons of Word files and picture files I created and stored in My Documents for convenience. Or should my Word and picture files in My Docs be untouched? I mean the My Documents content that I've put there are NOT themselves system files. I need a pretty defiinite answer on this point if that is possible.