Thread: Desktop Tower Carrying Case?

Desktop Tower Carrying Case?

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone out there knows of any Desktop carrying cases?I was hoping to find some kind of case to fit my tower similiar to a suitcase that has locks and such to aid me in taking my main desktop tower with me when i travel out of the country later this year.I did some google searches but found hardly anything so i figured this would be the best place to ask.Hope this is in the right section.Thanks!

Small edit,case must be a hardshell case as it will be stored on a plane for the trip with baggage as i dont think something so large is allowed on the plane with me (it's my first trip so i dont know much about plane rules)
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; August 13th, 2006 at 16:52 PM.

Here are a few ideas:

One

Two

Three

Four
    Last edited by efc; August 13th, 2006 at 17:51 PM. Reason: To fix links

Thanks for the suggestions efc,but i already have one of those carrying straps which works perfectly fine for carrying it locally but i dont think would be to good of an idea for taking a PC tower on a plane.I like the first one but dont you think a soft case such as that would leave to much room for damage to the PC while in transit?

Maybe a capable notebook is the best bet.

For me a notebook isnt really an option as all my work and hardware needed for it is in my PC,So i really need the tower plus if things go as planned i am planning to stay in this country permanently.So either way the tower needs to come with me.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    I like the Xaser strap myself.But you are dead on with the first one for carrying on a plane.Kind of expensive though.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

What about an external hard drive in association with a notebook. You could keep your work on it. It would be as easy as plugging it into the computer that you are using to move the work from one to another.

Hey efc,
    Main reason a notebook really wouldnt fit is because my PC is used for much more then just work,I do alot of things ranging from graphic design,website design,video capturing and encoding,ect.Currently my PC has everything i need to do this.I have 3 hard drives in it which are all almost full (two 80GB one 120GB),then i have my tv tuner/capture card,DVD burner,CD-RW,DVD-rom,in the end i just prefer my desktop over a laptop as my main system.I would obviously get a laptop once i am there to take on travels but i still want to have my main system

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    u might be able to get one of those Aluminium Attache Cases, something to carry Theatre SpotLights etc ... custom made perhaps?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

That would be pretty much what i was looking for question is where to find such a thing or place to make it?

One day I bled,
    And felt Better