This is not my problem (THANK GOD), but my friend's.
She was going out with an IT bod with whom she parted on bad terms and they had 'words' last week. He previously had keys to her flat.
She got up this morning and found everything on her hard drive wiped out. She suspects that he managed to access her PC remotely and did this. Also she suspects he may now have access to her hotmail account.
1. Is it possible for someone to access her PC remotely without them knowing.
2. Is it possible for him to access her hotmail account.
3. How would she go about retrieving everything that has been deleted from her hard drive?
4. How can she tell whether it was a virus that wiped everything out or if it was someone being 'nasty'? She has Norton's anti-virus?
5. Any suggestions for revenge if it was the ex?
LouBee [I hope he cannot access my details just because I have been emailing her ]