Thread: PC Pandora 2.0

PC Pandora 2.0

Can anyone tell me if PC Pandora 2.0 is detectable? If so, would a typical sweeper like WebRoot SpySweeper find it? If not, what is the best way to determine if it is loaded and running?

Thanks!

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    And why exactly do you want to detect if the monitoring program PC Pandora is loaded or running??

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

I don't believe that is pertinent to the question.

It is pertinent when someone is asking whether a security monitoring program is "detectable", possibly with a view to being able to turn it off. (without the owner knowing)

I am a 57 year old father of two "Techy Teenagers". As a result of recent issues which will NOT be discussed here, I believe I need to place some monitors on the PC - hence the question. Is justification typical for all posts here?

No, justification is not necessary for every post. But when someone asks whether a monitoring program is detectable hopefully you will see where i was coming from.

You could have been one of the "techy teenagers"

Now to answer the question. The easiest way to see if it is running is via task manager.
    Ctrl + Alt + Del. Look in the list on processes tab.

Not sure whether WebRoot will find it.

PC Pandora 2.0 does not show in the task manager - that is one of their selling points as that is way too easy for detection. I am looking for someone with programming level knowledge to answer the question.

Thanks

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    not sure if this will help but you can run netstat /a from the cmd prompt and it will list all your network connections. and I'll bet my first born that it would show in there if its monitoring network traffic like it should.

Thanks! I will give it a try

With most spyware products you can set an "ignore" rule.

I was trying to check their website out here at work to see if it is hidden and my works proxy is blocking it so can be 100% certain that it is detectable.

If it is 100% detectable, what PC knowledge level would you say it would take to discover its presence? How would you suggest it could be found?

whoops I meant I cant be certain.Is NETSTAT showing it as a network resource.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    When I run netstat the command prompt window loads the info and then dissapears.WTF? What causes that Phish?
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Open cmd and put netstat command into it, if you just put it in the run dialog it will show the result and disappear like you said. PC Pandora is listed on sites of dubious nature - I would suspect it is garbage, sites like icomparer which list lots of dubious or useless softs. If you want a proper monitoring software that works and is mainly undetectable then probably EBlaster or Spector Pro is what you want, spend some time working out how to configure it properly and it will not be detected by SpySweeper etc.

There are sneakier ways and there are cheaper ways. As an example if you just want to know which sites they are visiting a standard desktop app like google desktop will tell you plenty, you can also set the History in IE to keep everything for say 60 days and not be clearable.

Full keylogging should not be implemented without a very good reason - it really sucks.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?