Seems like a bit of a strange one this. I have a hard drive which has WinXP Pro on it's primary partition (200gb hard drive split into 5 roughly equal partitions). I want to install WinXP Home as I have actually bought the software (!), so got an 80gb hard drive, split into 2 partitions, and installed Home on that. All well, no issues.
Now, I want to add the original 200gb hard drive into this new system as it has all my personal stuff on there. Plan would then be to format the drive which currently has XP Pro on it and use the 200gb for storage.
However, the 200gb hard drive is not being recognised in Disk Mgt (and no drives in Explorer) in Xp Home. BIOS recognises it (actually it's the BIOS of the Rocket 133 adapter which the Hard drives are connected to) - Device Mgr has got entries for both hard drives - so it is being seen, but something appears to be clashing and preventing the hard drive from being seen in Disk Mgt. As it's not in Disk Mgt, I can't do anything with it at all.
I have tried booting back to the original XP Pro install and that can see both hard drives fine.
Can anyone suggest a way forward here ?
Much obliged...