Thread: Need desperate help....

Need desperate help....

I am having a serious problem with my computer. I have been listed on a few sites like spamcop for sending out spam. I beleive I have some kind of trojan or spyware on my computer that is sending out spam. I have tried using Spybot, Adaware, Bazooka, Avg, Panda and Swat it to scan my computer to find anyhting that could be causing this problem with no luck. My computer continues to be listed after a couple of removals from the list when I thought I had the problem resolved but continue to be added to the list. Are there any other programs out there that I should try or anyone have any idea how to resolve this problem without formatting my cpu.
    Last edited by dnb; August 21st, 2006 at 14:23 PM.

I was unable to get rid of some bad things on my PC after a lot of effort, but I was able to stop them downloading crap to my computer by installing a firewall. Now those applications can't access the internet.
    Perhaps this might help you, then you can block all applications apart from your web-browser (and Outlook perhaps) and see what else is trying to access the net.
    It's not a great solution but it might help you.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    sorry but when spammers get your email youre pretty much screwed until they move on to a different email address to spoof.

If you install Avast antivirus or Norton antivirus on your system you can see when mail is sent from your PC (they both have email alert bits). It is most likely that the email does not actually originate from your PC but that your email address is being spoofed in email sent out by spammers.

You can then wait til they get bored of it or change email addresses as there is no way of preventing email address spoofing.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curio View Post

You can then wait til they get bored of it or change email addresses as there is no way of preventing email address spoofing.