Thread: PCLinuxOS 0.93a - Full Edition aka Big Daddy is now available.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar

PCLinuxOS 0.93a - Full Edition aka Big Daddy is now available.

PCLinuxOS 0.93a - Full Edition aka Big Daddy is now available. This is our full version of the PCLinuxOS Distribution.

Internet Suite
    Internet, Email, instant messaging, and more! PCLinuxOS includes The Mozilla Firefox Web Browser and Thunderbird Email Client. Kopete Instant Messenger allows your to chat with friends on Yahoo, MSN and AIM.

Complete Open Office Suite
    PCLinuxOS comes with a complete Open Office suite for word processing, spreadsheets, drawings and slide presentations.

Digital Photos
    Digikam is a pre-installed photo managment program that allows you to download, organize, edit, and share your entire photo collection. Easily connect your digital camera to your computer and import all of your pictures with a few mouse-clicks. In addition to Digikam, PCLinuxOS also includes the powerful GIMP image editor.

Digital Music
    Manage your favorite tunes with Amarok, an all-in-one music player built into PCLinuxOS. Burn and rip your favorite music with Audio Creator. Fileshare through Frostwire.

Web Publishing Tools
    PCLinuxOS includes Nvu, a powerful, easy-to-use web design program that is open-source. Anyone can create web pages now, even those with no technical expertise or knowledge of HTML.

PCLinuxOS allows you to try it in Live mode without touching your current system. If you like PCLinuxOS you can easily install it to your computer using the easy to use Installation program. After installing PCLinuxOS to your computer, you can access an additional 5000 programs and libraries from our free software repository.

If you are tired of Windows constantly crashing all the time, the blue screens of death, the nasty viruses, constant pop-ups, and sluggish performance, you will find PCLinuxOS will do all that you normally do with Windows WITHOUT any of the hassles.

Switch to PCLinuxOS today!!!
    PCLinuxOS

Be Well

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Well aren't You just the full scale convert! Good to hear and from what I've seen it's a pretty good OS too.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    Well aren't You just the full scale convert! Good to hear
    Hmm, I switch over and the Linux regulars (except U) don't show up anymore.....I must be a jinks

We need to let Aloone_Jonez back in

I walk the hollow halls of linux, I mutter, I post, rik checks the rubber room and asks RUOK, I mutter.......

hellohellohellohellohellohello <echo> hellohellohellohellohellohello
    Last edited by FastGame; August 22nd, 2006 at 20:17 PM.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    I like this one better than junior,thanks for the heads up FG.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame View Post
    hellohellohellohellohellohello <echo> hellohellohellohellohellohello
    is there anybody in there...

...just nod if you can hear me...

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Do all the things you normally do with windows without the Hassle????....not being a linux dood but interested just the same can u run windows apps with it....hmmmmmm........lol.........or how about games?

Personally I haven't tried but I hear lots about installing WINE and running Windows apps thru that.

"Wine is an Open Source implementation of the Windows API on top of X and Unix.

Think of Wine as a compatibility layer for running Windows programs. Wine does not require Microsoft Windows, as it is a completely free alternative implementation of the Windows API consisting of 100% non-Microsoft code, however Wine can optionally use native Windows DLLs if they are available. Wine provides both a development toolkit for porting Windows source code to Unix as well as a program loader, allowing many unmodified Windows programs to run on x86-based Unixes, including Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Solaris.
    "

http://www.winehq.com/

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Interesting to say the least.....thanks for the update rikster....will take a look see.....I downloaded the PClinuxOS a couple of days ago....now I will wash it down with WINE.....lol

Be sure and let us know what you think!