Thread: Health

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar

Thumbs up Health

Most of you doods don't know much about my life or history but I had to mention this to all of you because I know a lot of folks probably have similar issues. Back in 1988 my wife got sick and spent an untold number of hours bouncing between Doctors trying to find out what was wrong....in 1991, she died at a very young age.....needless to say this took the wind from my sails and knocked me for a loop....my life has never been the same. If any of you have noticed the times on my posts, you know I am always up early....just can't sleep....my biological clock was reset back during her illness and has remained that way until just recently. A couple of weeks ago a friend mentioned this lady to me and gave me her address to contact her about my problems....which not only included the sleep issues but also other problems that have recently started to show up physically.....guys, I have to tell you that this stuff has had a tremendous impact on me....last night, for the first time since her illness began, I slept for 7 hours straight...that in itself for me is a miracle.....enough rambling on....I will just give you links to her site and let you read for yourself. In my estimation, it is well worth the time.

http://www.mxi.myvoffice.com/libbyreeves/

http://libbyreeves.chocolatewellness.com
    Last edited by PIPER; August 28th, 2006 at 09:31 AM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Dude,
    I went to a counselor (Psychiatrist in training @ my uni) and told this lady some stories about my childhood. The next time I went in to for a chat, she took me to a room with a chair and a large glass window. She told me there were some observers in the next room and asked me to tell another story from my childhood.

They were recording everything I said. I felt so uncomfortable after going, that I never went back to that lady. I guess the stories I told were out there on the spectrum of insane...

I do think talking through things, getting help for troubles from a person you will never have to interact with in daily life is very healthy. If I could afford it, I'd go every day for a 20-30 minute visit.

God bless Pipe. I hope whatever you're doing keeps on working for you! Sorry to hear about your wife dying... man that would break me down in so many ways I doubt I'd ever get right again.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your loss. As Boogs said I hope whatever you're doing keeps on working for you.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, and remember, your friends at TZ are always here to listen.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

Friends are always here.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post

Friends are always here.
    Right.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    very sad to hear and your courage inspires others
    ------------------------------------------------------------

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    thanks guy's......BB...it wasn't any kind of office visit or chatting about my problems with her or anyone else....I came to grips with that on my own....it was the stuff that you see on the links that helped and is still continuing to help me...that was why I mentioned it. Great **** it is....helps folks with high BP, Helps control blood sugar for Diabetes, Decreases LDL bad Cholesterol, Increases Serotonin levels which helps with depression which is why I think my sleep issue has started to change. I never imagined still having issues with depression.....etc. etc. etc.....well worth at least reading the info there.....But again, thanks guy's appreciate the comments I do.....
    Last edited by PIPER; August 28th, 2006 at 09:54 AM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I will say this that the first time I talked to the psych student... it was like some giant bolder had been rolled off my mind. Of course when she brought in the pros and wanted to tape it, I felt weird and quit.

Whatever floats your boat. As long as you are feeling better I suppose that's all that matters.

Sorry to read about your loss Piper.

But congrats about your big sleep in.

I have a good friend who was a sleep tech for 8 years.

They really don't know much about it.

Pretty interesting stuff, but a total mystery.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.~ Groucho

Bronze Member
    Sorry to read about your loss Piper.

But congrats about your big sleep in.

Take care and get better real soon.