Thread: Hard drive switcher and x2 4400

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar

Hard drive switcher and x2 4400

Finally got my hard drive switcher and AMD X2 4400 chip installed.The 2 additional HD's I installed are just 20GB Seagates both ide.The #1 drive has XP Pro and the #3 drive has PC Linux.The #2 drive will have XP Pro 64 where neither my printer or scanner will work,but I'll fart around with it till I decide what to do about it.The X2 chip does make a difference in performance from the A64 3000 chip it replaced.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    You really like that switcher thing huh?

Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    You really like that switcher thing huh?
    Yup,I like it better than duel booting on 1 drive.I may even try a raid aray with 1 os later.Right now I am really happy with PC Linux and XP Pro 32 bit.Going to install XP Pro 64 bit soon.Why you ask grasshopper?
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Always lookin for other options...

Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    Always lookin for other options...
    Rik,

Here is what the control panel looks like on my rig. There is another on ebay from the same seller and for the same price.$59.99 + $11 for shipping.

Thanks zipper. Looks cool. Wish I had the cash tho...

Hey zipp thats a pretty awsome rig,thats a lian li PC case right?I was gonna grab one of those before but ended up going for an antec

Quote Originally Posted by bhxtyrant View Post
    Hey zipp thats a pretty awsome rig,thats a lian li PC case right?I was gonna grab one of those before but ended up going for an antec
    Hey bhxtyrant,yeah your right it's a lian li p60 case.I looked at antec and almost bought one of their aluminum models,but the lian li has 4 stock case fans.2 of the fans sit side by side at the front of the case and cool the hard drives.Which Antec did you buy?

I ended up getting the Antec "Lanboy" case with carrying strap.Came with a 450watt antec PSU and i added 3 80mm fans one front one rear and one side.Has pleanty of room in the thing as well currently i have 4 hard drives and 3 CD roms (DVD-RW,CD-RW,and DVD rom) in there.