Thread: Need a Registry and Utility Program

Bronze Member

Need a Registry and Utility Program

I need recommnedations for a good freeware registry cleaner program (I was using the trial version of RegSupreme) and a utility diagnostic program (again freeware) like those System's Utilities programs that Norton used to put out that diagnose your system and outline issues. I know that these types of programs can really mess up your system but if there are some good ones out there let me know.

Thanks in advance

North Central Arkansas
    There are many available at My favorite is

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Blasters worm farm
    Along with what efc suggest I also use jv16 Powertools (free) and RegCleaner (free)

CCleaner works real good

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    One of the best in my opinion is CCleaner (crap cleaner):

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less that a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware!

Cleans the following
    Internet Explorer
    Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.

Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history.
    Temporary files, URL history, cookies.
    Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.

Registry cleaner
    Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.

Third-party applications
    Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...

100% Spyware FREE
    This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.

CCleaner v1.32.345

CCleaner homepage

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========