Thread: How can I find out...?

Belmont, NH

How can I find out...?

My sound card is working fine but it's too old for Creative to answer a quejstion I have about it. (I did ask). Does anyone know how orl where I can find out what I want to know?

My Dragon Naturally Speaking Program suggests having a shielded sound card (again electronic noise I guess) would be advisable. And what I want to know is is my soundcard shielded? It's an Audigy Gamer marked SB 1394 (on the instructions that came with it); the model # is 0090.

By the way am I probably correct that the SB 1394 is referring to the USB port on the card?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wumply View Post
    By the way am I probably correct that the SB 1394 is referring to the USB port on the card?
    SB1394 is Creative's IEEE 1394 compatible standard for high-speed (~400Mbps) digital audio transfer. It ensures optimum performance with SB1394 connectivity and IEEE 1394 equipped devices, providing a seamless user experience for transferring massive MP3 collections, DV editing, easy networking and more. It is supported by the SB1394 Certification Program, which is a comprehensive evaluation of devices for technical performance to ensure reliability and user convenience.

Same as Firewire.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========