Thread: Windows Explorer

Windows Explorer

I have a problem with Windows Explorer, there seems to be know reason why this happens but it's driving me mad.

From time to time regardless of what I'm doing windows explorer will generate an error report dissappear and then reappear.

The problems sometimes happens when I open a folder on the desk top. When I use the start menu, when I open an application via Windows explorer.

I don't seem to be losing any work/data but it's just any annoying.

I'm running XP SP2 1GB ram

Packard Bell imedia 1559.

Any thoughts without having to reinstall?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    click start, click control panel, administrative tools (may have to switch to classic view to see it), then click on the event viewer.

Then look in there for the error that you are getting. Post any errors you find here and we should be able to help further.

Details
    Product: Windows Operating System
    Event ID: 4097
    Source: DrWatson
    Version: 5.2
    Symbolic Name: MSG_CRASH
    Message: The application, %1!s!, generated an application error The error occurred on %2!s!/%3!s!/%4!s! @ %5!s!:%6!s!:%7!s!.%8!s! The exception generated was %9!s! at address %10!s! (%11!s!)

Explanation
    This message is for informational purposes only.

User Action
    No user action is required.

The below is taken from teh event viewer

The application, C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 09/20/2006 @ 00:27:47.031 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 023C85A1 (sftxtgp)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.