September 20th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Disabling the tabs in MSN Messenger
You will have to edit the registry to remove the tabs in MSN Messenger:
- If the registry editor is not already started, click on the Start Button and select Run. Then type in regedit in the text box and hit Ok.
- Navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, MSNMessenger, PerPassportSettings, and then the numbered folder.
- Right click on the numbered folder and select New and then DWORD Value.
- Type in DisableTabs as the name of the new key.
- Next, right click on the new key you just made, DisableTabs, and select Modify.
- In the value box, key in 1 and hit Ok.
You can now close the registry editor. Once you completely restart MSN Messenger, a reboot may be required for some, your tabs will now be gone.
Note: If you have multiple numbered folders listed under the PerPassportSettings folder, repeat the above instructions for every numbered folder.
Tutorial with screenshots