Thread: Glue-on shoe soles--are they available?

Glue-on shoe soles--are they available?

I need 1, even two pairs of such.

BUT I've searched Ebay and Google. I've checked locally with 3 shoe stores, Walmart, RiteAid and CVS. I've checked PriceGrabber (they keep tabs on hundreds of on-line stores). I found some on Great Britain Ebay but the seller would only sell me 3 packs so that was impractical when I considered the cost of shipping them airmail from England.''

I used to be able to buy these in the USA. They are thin but far, far more durable than leather sole. They're made of a really tough plastic. They come with or without glue, but you can use contact cement just as well. Today they would cost, probably, between 3 and 5 dollars a pair. They last and last. For a cobbler to put leather soles on my good dress shoes will cost me $18.

IF YOU HAVE ANY LEADS AS TO WHERE I CAN GET SUCH SOLES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Re soletech...No, not those. THOSE are full soles--didn't know you could even get those; that's why I didn't specify half-soles which is what I want. Re mcnett, no, not that "repair glue"; I just want to glue the thin plastic sole on the front half of the current sole(s).

What I wanted was a half sole for the front half of my dress loafers...they have separate heels which is why I need only the half sole.

I did contact soletech though, just to see if they had what I want. But if you decide to look further, that would be super, BB.
    Last edited by wumply; September 20th, 2006 at 16:10 PM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://www.vibramrepair.com/en/prodotti.php?fp=9

At that site are sheets of replacement soles that you cut to your specification:

Sheet of tread for comfortable, sports and casual shoes for men, women and children, with the classic Vibram wave design. Features: softness, elasticity and etremely lightweight.
    But you need to be a member to view the details.

Where had you been buying these soles before?

I don't remember--it's been years. But I never used to have a problem getting them--they came in a kit of 2 with glue--or without glue. A store like Wal-mart would likely have had them, or maybe a Bradlee's. Might have found them at a big hardware store. Can't recall beyond that...but they were available with perhaps 2-3 tries. It just seems to me incredible that no mfg is making them. They were a good inexpensive solution, and they lasted and lasted. I can rationalize no one makes them because of our throw-away society, but still...

I went to the vibramrepair site, gave them the info to register; they had soles cut out, men's and women's and in different sizes. They sent me a PW but when I used that, there was no way to contact them that I could find. Honestly, it was like they were a ghost size. But they sure had a lot of shoe sole products.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    vibramrepair contact info:

NAME:

Vibram S.p.A.
    Repair District
    ADDRESS:
    Via C.Colombo
    21041 Albizzate
    Varese
    PHONE:
    +39331999777
    FAX:
    +39331992572

But no email???? I looked but couldn't find an email address.